CHAPTER 24: I Used To Work For Him.....

LARKIN

Well, surprisingly, dinner went good after both Kamille and my cousin, Chelsea got a long quicker than I had thought but am happy.

After we introduced her to Kylie and Nate said hi to her, we all sat around the table laughing and talking with each other as if we have all been friends that have known each other for a long time.

"So, what's the big thing you wanted to talk to us about?" Kylie asks after we finish up eating.

Both Kamille and I look at each other for a moment and I begin telling them about everything that's going on. By the time I finished, I was honestly feeling a bit worried as I wasn't sure in how they'd react.

"Wow." Was the first thing we heard anyone say and it came from Chelsea.

"Wait, so, you're paying off your fathers debt and have been for years. But then you suddenly made a deal with this mafia boss guy or whatever and expect him to just let you fight this fighter and then you would have paid off the debt?" Kylie asks.

"Yeah." I say.

She nods and then looks at Kamille.

"And what do you think?" She asks.

"I was a little surprised and deep down was against it but I think that he can possibly beat the guy." Kamille answers although she didn't sound too convincing.

"Who's the fighter?" Nate asks.

"I don't know, some guy they claim is undefeated and whose name is Stone." I say as I take the rest of my drink.

"Stone? As in Stone Oxford?" Chelsea says.

"Yeah." Kamille says.

"How do you know him?" I ask her surprised.

"He's my fiance. In fact I was gonna see him later tonight and stay in town for this big fight coming up but, you're gonna fight him?" She asks me in disbelief.

"Yeah, why?" I asked her.

"He'll kill you within two blows. Oh my god." She says.

"Chelsea.." I begin but am stopped as soon as she holds up her hand to stop me as she grabs her mouth and quickly gets up then runs into the bathroom to throw up.

All of us remain sitting there looking at each other.

"Well this is shitty." Nate comments.

"Tell me about it." I say. Then I look up at Kamille as I see her face is back to looking worried and scared.

"Excuse me guys I'm sorry, I really need to lay down." She says as she too next gets up and starts to choke on some tears.

Well so far this wasn't going as I had planned. Now I don't know what to do.

Next we hear the bathroom door open and see Chelsea come walking out holding her stomach.

"Sorry about that." She says before sitting back down. "Where's Kamille?" She asks.

"She had to go lay down. I know it's cause she more scared now about the fight." I tell her.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to freak her out." Chelsea apologizes.

"It's okay, it's my fault." I tell her. "So what's going on with you right now?" I ask with a raised eyebrow because I know what's going on but she now doesn't want to tell me because of the situation in the information in who I'm fighting.

We all share a moment of silence before Nate breaks it and pretends to yawn.

"Well, it's getting late and we should get going. Tell Kamille it was a great meal and know that we are all hear for you both." He says as he stands up and so do the rest of us.

We all say 'goodnight' to each other and I lock up and do the dishes before going into the bedroom. As soon as I step inside, I strip down into my boxers and get into bed behind Kamille and place gentle kisses on her arm as I place my hand over her hip.

"Baby." I say before another kiss. "I promise it's gonna be okay." I try and tell her yet again.

"I'm sorry. It's not that I don't trust you or believe anything you say, it's just, you can't blame neither for feeling so afraid. We both have wasted years not being with each other. Then now, fate has brought us together and then threw in this bullshit." She says between sniffles.

"I know and as far as those years we wasted being apart was not ever cause of you. I know that I fucked up and I should have never gotten into business with Ciro." I tell her.

I hear her sniffle a little more before turning  on her back and looking at me with red puffy eyes from crying.

"What do you mean, business? I thought it was your dad's debt?" She asks confused.

"It is. It started off that way. But then I started working for him to try and pay off the bet." I began.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)