Chapter 2

Dipper couldn't keep the soft smile from creeping up his face as he closed his car door and made his way over to the Mystery Shack.
After they had kissed, Bill had left saying that they'd meet at the same place, same time, same day.
It was like that every time. He wished he could see more of Bill- the guy was his boyfriend after all- but this was how it had to be.
He didn't even want to begin thinking about how his family would react if he told them what had been going on.
He softly stepped into the gift shop- careful not to make a sound- and thought for a second that Mabel had decided to maybe not tell their grunkles what he did.

Then three people stepped in the room at one, all looking very, very annoyed.

"Where have you been?!" Grunkle Ford proclaimed loudly.

"Yeah, we were worried sick!" Mabel followed. She looked awful, bright red tear-tracks stained her face and

Dipper's stomach once again churned guiltily.

"How could you leave us like that?!" Grunkle Stan shouted.

"Look Guys, I'm really sorry but I had to go somewhere-"

"You should've at least told us Dipper!" Ford interrupted.

"You don't need to know where I am at all times"

"We have a right to know when you're just creeping off in the middle of the night to do god knows what!"

"I-"

"I thought you trusted me Dipper!" Mabel whimpered

"I do, just-"

"I thought we were going to be besties forever!" Her volume was rising

"We can-"

"HOW CAN WE WHEN YOU KEEP SNEAKING OFF AND WON'T EVEN TELL YOUR TWIN WHERE YOU ARE!" She was now shouting

"WELL MAYBE I DON'T WANT US TO BE BESTIES!" Dipper shouted back. This made Mabel take a step back- she was not expecting that.
"YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE I WAS? FINE, I WAS MEETING SOMEONE. SOMEONE WHO LOVES ME AND CARES FOR ME MORE THAN ANY OF YOU CLEARLY DO!"

Mabel's eyes were filled with tears.

Dipper took a deep breath and glared at all of them
"I'm going to bed" he muttered angrily as he stormed out of the room. They all heard a door slam.

There was silence for a few seconds before Mabel burst into tears and sprinted out to the forest as fast as she could.

Stan reaches out but was held back by Ford's hand on his shoulder

"Give them time" he said before leading him back inside and to the kitchen-table.
They both sat in silence for two minute.

"So what do you think Dipper is doing when he sneaks out?" Ford asked

"Well he said he was seeing someone who loved him?" Stan answered

"Does Dipper have a girlfriend?"

"Hah! Dipper and girls just don't mix Sixer."

"What about a boyfriend?"
Stan was silent for a few seconds.

"Dipper is not gay, Stanford." He spat out.

A/N
I DO NOT ENCOURAGE OR SUPPORT THE USE OF DISCRIMINATORY, HOMOPHOBIC OR RACIST LANGUAGE- STAN IS NOT RIGHT IN THIS SITUATION!

"Stan..."

"No, I will not have you going around thinking that he is. Let alone that he has a boyfriend so just leave it Stanford"

"Stan, I know we were raised on those beliefs but that's not the case any more! Homosexuality is accepted and should be accepted!"

"Well maybe they had a reason for not accepting it in the first place. Now leave it Stanford."

Stanley got up and left the table. He went outside and got in his car.

"Dipper, liking guys? Nice try Sixer" he laughed to himself and drove off to the diner- maybe a snack would calm him down.

...

Dipper slumped against the door frame. His Grunkle Stan was a homophobe.

And he was gay.

This was the final straw.
His family would never, ever find out about Bill. They would tear him to shreds if they did.

But he was going to tell them he had a boyfriend or ,at the very least, that he was gay. He couldn't say any of that now though- could he?

"Dipper?"

A voice interrupted his sad thoughts. He realised he was crying- he wiped away his tears with his jacket and looked up.
He looked into the face of his Grunkle Ford- the author of the journals, the one he played Dungeons, Dungeons and more Dungeons with, the one who saved them all from Weirdmageddon. Something clicked in his mind- he could trust Ford with his life.

"Grunkle Ford?"

"Yes Dipper?"

"I have something to tell you..."