Chapter 3

Dipper started to shake with nervousness as his great uncle lead him to the table and sat across from him.

"So what is it Dipper?" Ford asked

"I.." Dipper steadied himself and took a deep breath. It was now or never.

"I'm gay"

Silence bounced off every wall in the room.
Dipper prepared himself for the worst- for Ford to begin shouting, to kick him out of the house.

"How long have you known this?"

Dipper took another breath

"Since two years ago"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"I...I was scared"
Dipper braced himself for the shouting.

"Did you hear Stanley?"

Dipper nodded
"I'm sorry about him, he'll come around someday" Ford assured him.

"Should I tell him?"

"Tonight"
Dipper froze

"Don't worry I'll be right by your side"
Ford pulled him into a soft but loving hug.
But Dipper could only think one thing
You wouldn't be saying that if you knew he was my boyfriend.

Mabel raised her head and wiped away the stray tears that had rested on her cheeks.
She had been out here crying for hours. Maybe she was too harsh on Dipper. Maybe he was going out at night to do something important.
Maybe meet someone special.
All she knew was that she was sorry and that she needed to apologise.

She stood up and looked around. She realised that she had been crying for so long that she had forgotten which way she came.
Maybe she could ask someone in the woods? Like that person there! She saw a guy walking around in between the trees. He had bright yellow hair and was wearing a top that had a yellow brick pattern on it. It was vaguely familiar to her.

"Hey! Sir! Excuse me!" She shouted after him.

He didn't seem to notice her

She walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Sir, I was wondering if you knew the way back to the..."

She stopped- her voice slowly fading out. She knew that face.

Bill was back

"Oh hey Shooting Star" Bill smiled then realised what he said.
He covered his mouth with his hand and sprinted off. Mabel sprinted after him.

"Bill!" She shrieked

Bill rounded a corner and lept into a car- fumbling with the keys as he did.

As Mabel reached the car he sped off, nearly hitting a group of pedestrians on the pavement.
She stared after him.
Then she noticed that on the ground there was a necklace and a note that must have fallen out of his pocket. She picked them both up. The necklace was a silver chain with a blue charm hanging on it. The charm was a pinetree. Mabel didn't recognise it at first (Dipper didn't wear his hat often) but once she did she knew one thing.

Dipper was in danger.

She hastily unfolded the note and read it out loud to herself

"Same time, same place, same day- see you there X"

Right next to the bottom corner was a drawing of a blue pinetree outlined in yellow.
Mabel sat down on a lone stump and processed what she had just read. Dipper was in danger.

Big danger.

A/N
It's a lil' short but meh
Tell me what you think!