Who am I to you? (Pt. 1)

Ships: Prinxiety, slight Logicality

TW: Panic attack (I've never had one so I'm writing it out based on other fanfic I've read before. I'm sorry if anything is inaccurate), a bit of angst but mostly fluff

Prompt: I mostly came up with it myself but I decided to base it a little bit off of Gravity Falls where they go into Stan's mind

----------------

Virgil POV

I opened my eyes and sat up. My room was dark but I could clearly see the time on my alarm. 4:07am. I groaned rolling my eyes and falling back onto my bed. It was too early for me to get up but too late to go back to sleep. The only thing I could do was think.

I admit, it's nice to be able to be left alone with your thoughts once in a while, especially with how loud the others are, but it's not as fun when you are alone in the dark. I started thinking about nothing and everything. I wanted to stop thinking for a moment and just forget everything but I couldn't stop myself. I felt small and useless as the darkness of my room began pushing on me. I curled into a ball on my bed and started quietly sobbing into my knees as I was rocking back and forth in a fruitless attempt to calm myself. A weird thought came into my mind: what do the others really think of me. I suddenly realised that everyone sees everyone differently so no one really knows the true me. Who am I to myself? Who am I to them?

As I began falling into the rabbit hole of my thoughts my panic attack got worse. Then I heard a noise and cautiously peeked out from underneath my blanket. The tears in my eyes made everything blurry but for some reason I saw a figure of a person in front of me. I couldn't think straight at the moment but I think I saw a faint glowing around them. I wasn't sure what to do so I just stared at them still shaking as my panic attack hasn't stopped. I heard a voice in my head, or maybe it was the person speaking, I wasn't sure. I managed to focus on the voice and understand some of what it was saying. ...elp you, Virgil. You have one day. This time tomorrow it will be gone. The voice got quieter but I managed to focus again and I heard the last few words just as the voice faded away. ...hope you find the answers. Goodbye Virgil until we meet again.

I realised the voice was gone and focused again on my surroundings but the figure was gone. Surprisingly, I realised that I have stopped shaking and was breathing normally. I stretched my legs out and sat up trying to make sense of what just happened. As I was processing this I heard a knock on the door. My eyes darted to my alarm clock and to my surprise it was already 8:30am. The knock repeated and I heard Patton's voice.

"Morning kiddo, are you awake?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Wanna come down for breakfast?"

"Sure, just give me a sec."

I pulled on my hoodie and hastily applied some make up. As I opened the door I saw Patton smiling at me. I opened my mouth to greet him when I felt a sharp pain in my head. I winced as I was caught off guard and then as quickly as it appeared the pain was gone.

"You ok, kiddo?" Patton looked at me concerned.

"Yeah, don't worry. I just have a... umm... I have a small headache. I'm fine though." I smiled at him as he nodded with a smile and headed downstairs. I, however, was frozen to the ground and couldn't move because I suddenly realised that I was able to read Patton's mind.

Patton POV

'I wonder if he's actually ok? I really hope so. He seemed fine though.' I thought to myself as I walked into the kitchen. Virgil followed a few seconds later with a stunned expression on his face which suddenly disappeared as I looked at him questioningly. He shrugged his shoulders and started eating the pancakes I put on the table for him. I didn't have much time to think about it though as Logan came in.