Birthmark

!!!!!!!!!SPOILER FOR THE NEW SANDERS SIDES VIDEO!!!!!!!!!

AU: Janus, aka Deceit, has a huge birthmark on his face which everyone makes fun of

Ships: Roceit

TW: Swearing, almost death (not really angst though)

----------------

Janus POV

'Ugh. I hate everything about this world. Why does everything always come down to appearances? Why can't people just look past that? I hate that I know the answer to that. I hate everything. Looks like I'm staying single forever, huh. Well FUCK THEM. I don't care. I really don't.'

Third Person POV

Janus was so concentrated on his thoughts that he didn't see the car coming at full speed. It was a green light for him so he didn't bother to check the road. He heard a loud honk and a screech of tyres, then he felt a hand grab his shirt and pull him backwards. The car whizzed past, leaving behind a large cloud of dust. By the time Janus finished coughing, he realised that he was lying on top of someone. He quickly got up and dusted himself off. The stranger got up too, with a concerned look on his face.

"Are you hurt?"

Janus looked at the stranger with surprise. Usually people screamed or at least looked uncomfortable when they saw his face.

"I should ask you that. After all, it seems that you cushioned my fall."

"But I wasn't the one who nearly got hit by a car," the stranger parried.

"Touché. Also, I assume it was you who pulled me out of the way?" The stranger nodded and extended out a hand.

"Yep. I'm Roman. You still haven't answered my question, are you hurt?" Janus shook Roman's hand.

"Janus. And yes, I'm fine by the looks of it."

A small crowd has gathered around them, asking if they should call the ambulance or the police. Seeing how uncomfortable Janus was, Roman quickly waved everyone off.

"Thanks for that. And also, you know, for saving me from that fucking asshole." Janus smiled gratefully at Roman. Now that he could look at him properly, he was suddenly aware of the fact that he was very gay. Roman was slightly taller than Janus, only by a few inches. He had light brown hair with a streak of bright red, a look which probably only he could pull off, and beautiful hazel eyes.

"Glad to be of service to such a beautiful man." Roman made an overdramatic bow. Janus blushed a bit, he hasn't been complimented on his appearance in a long time. "May I ask where you were hurrying off to? You seemed to not notice anything around you so I assume you were in a rush."

"Oh, uh, nowhere really. Home, I guess. I was just thinking about stuff." Janus looked away, hoping Roman won't ask him about it. "I should probably go, thanks again for saving me."

Roman POV

Janus looked away with a sad expression.

"Hey now, are you sure you're okay? Mentally, I mean. I know that you're fine physically, I'm a good pillow." I laughed lightly, but that didn't seem to cheer Janus up.

"It's fine, really. It's just the same old, society being society." I decided to make a guess based on that statement.

"Is it about your face?" I asked as gently as possible. I assumed it was a birthmark but I wasn't really sure.

"Wow, how did you guess," Janus said sourly. I didn't take it personally, it must be an unwelcome topic for him. "Yeah, it's about my birthmark," he sighed. So I was right! He didn't look to happy about it though. Personally, I thought he looked handsome. It made him more unique, more extraordinary. And god, was he beautiful. He might not believe it, but he was gorgeous, even more so up close. I found myself blushing and hoped he didn't see me staring.

"In my humble opinion, I think it suits you very much," I winked at him, making him blush. I wondered if he was gay, praying to whatever god up there that he was.

"Well, you're the only one who thinks that."

Third Person POV

"Do you want to talk about it? There's a nice coffee shop just around the corner, we could get some coffee if you would like?" Roman hoped he wasn't coming on too strong, or creeping Janus out.

"Uh, sure. Can we talk about something else though? I'd rather forget about it for a while." Janus was surprised that Roman wanted to get to know him better, or at least that's how he interpreted it, hoping he was right. He had hit rock bottom, so getting coffee with a gorgeous man who just saved him was definitely a step back up.

"On one condition, I'm paying for the coffee." Roman began to say something but Janus quickly put his hand up to stop him. "I owe you for saving me, so paying for coffee is the absolute least I could do."

Roman guessed that this was a final decision, but he was happy anyway that he didn't get rejected.

"I'm usually the one who pays on first dates, but alright then," he smirked. Janus blushed at the implication but didn't correct Roman, which Roman took as a good sign.

Janus POV

As we headed to the coffee shop, chatting about theatre which we both were interested in, I smiled to myself. Maybe this world wasn't so bad after all.

----------------

A/N: Soooo, I made this today after watching the new Sanders Sides video, so I didn't edit it too much. It might be a bit plain, but I really want to post this now and I can't be bothered to add to it. I hope you enjoy it!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

~~~Storm