Backstory

More info about Bella Fray.

If you have any questions about her, then feel free to ask, I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Forgot to mention, if you want to keep up with Bella's Story then I suggest you going over to storytellers-saloon's profile, search for Busted Gulch vol 11 and read the chapters I've posted a long with the comments.
********************************************
I couldn't sleep that night, to much had happened over the past few days that I just couldn't sleep. With nothing else better to do other than just stare at the ceiling, I took a trip down memory lane.

October 12, 1871
"Happy 6th Birthday sweetheart!" My mother said smiling while my father stood beside her. "Now hurry on to the stables where you'll find your birthday gift."

So I ran as fast as my little legs could take me to the stables, curious and excited. Once the big red barn came into sight I slowed down and it was then that I heard neighs, not one but two neighs. 'Two horses?! Are they both for me??' I wondered.

I opened the barn doors and I walked to where the neighs came from. Once it registered in my mind that there were two fawns there, I fell to my knees with tears of joy staining my cheeks.

"Both fawns are for you, Bell. One from me and one from your mother. They are inseparable, just like your mother and I are." My father said from behind me. "But these horses aren't just regular horses sweetie"

"They're not? What makes these horses different from other horses?" My 6 year old self curiously asked.

"Well these horses can communicate telepathically between one another and eventually to you once they trust you."

"Seriously??" I asked in disbelief. My mother and father just nodded their heads with a wide smile on their face.

"That makes these horses very special!"

"Yes exactly, just like you"

I smiled and went to my parents and gave them a huge hug with tears of joy soaking their shirts in the process. I couldn't thank my parents enough for this gift, repeating thank you, thank you, thank you for a good five minutes.

Everyday after that, I would wake up early in the morning to care for them and just to talk to them. We grew up together and our bonds grew with each passing day, eventually we were inseparable.

I smiled and wiped the tears from my eyes. I couldn't imagine a life without my horses.

July 23rd, 1885

"Where is my husband?" I said to no one in particular. "He hasn't been home in 2 weeks. Is he on another business trip and didn't tell me? I just hope he comes home safe." I said with worry laced in my voice.

A week later

I was just about to fall asleep when I heard the twisting and turning of the door handle and another woman's laugh. Tears started to well in my eyes, thinking of my worst nightmare coming to life.

I walked out to the living room where my husband Alec stood with another woman, kissing her. I didn't have the voice to say anything so I just waited for him to notice me standing there.

"Hey Bella. This is Kayla and this chick is far prettier and better than you'll ever be. Plus, she and I have been married longer than you and I have. Do you remember all of those business trips I went on?"

All I could do was nod my head as my brain was still processing what it was hearing.

"I was with her at her place." He smirked at me. "Oh! I almost forgot, I never loved you!"

At that, I felt multiple swords stab my heart as it broke into a million pieces. I was to hurt that i couldn't be mad and I didn't have the strength to say a single word to him.

I grabbed the biggest suitcase I could find from the closet and just started packing everything I owned. 'I need to get out of here, I can't be here anymore.'

Once everything was packed, I took my ring off and threw it at him and left.

Couple days later

I was finally able to get him to come and sign the divorce papers so I wouldn't be married to him any longer. Once signed, I hitched up my horses to the wagon and put everything on it.
I didn't have the intention of coming back to Newfoundland so I made sure I didn't leave anything behind. I wanted to travel somewhere far away from him and start my life anew, without Alec.

I travelled day and night without a specific destination in mind until I came across a road off of the main dirt road. Something in my gut told me to take this road to which it lead me to BG. It was a nice size town but I could tell immediately that it wasn't going to be your typical Wild West town. "I guess the stars wanted me to come here, so here I shall stay and start fresh without Alec." I thought to myself.

By the time that memory ended, I had fallen asleep with tears streaming down my face.

The end