Short Story Biography

Can't say my life is all that interesting when in fact it has been quite the opposite. A sudden thought, a sudden inspiration hit me, thinking that I should write about myself. Though, it is not like I'll show anyone but if anyone does read it, they'll get an insight into my life. However, I can not say it'll be hidden from my boyfriend, we do share the same room after all, there's only so much I can there. But a short story I will write, maybe it'll help, throwing words on to a page.

My childhood was just like any other but years after were not the best of years. I grew up speaking Arabic first from my mom, her first language being Arabic too. My mom was the best but everyone would say that about their mom. Her hair was so blonde it was nearly white, but she never was a blonde stereotype (if that makes sense), it never suit her. Though I was born a blonde but that gene didn't pass over as I act like a blonde constantly.

My mother, oh how I miss her, and I looked like twins, or so I was told, almost a carbon copy. I didn't think a daughter could look so much like her mother but I am as true as it can be. Mom had long, straight hair, it was so elegant looking. She had a way to light up the room wherever she was and confidence was in every single step. Mother taught me almost everything I know but some I have learned from my father and on my own.

I wasn't close to my father like I was mother but being an only child, I got attention from both. My father had short wavy hair and was soft-spoken. He would never speak to anyone unless he was spoken to or my mother but whenever he did speak, wisdom would be laced in every word.

My father taught me how to wield every weapon he could get his hands on for which I am extremely grateful for. "The weapons are an extension of your arm, allow the weapon to merge with your arm and become one with it." My father would say. I got a pocket knife from my father, one that I still have today, carrying it with everywhere I go.

On the day I had turned 6, my mother and father got me two horses. Why two? I don't know, probably because they were attached at the hip and I guess they didn't want to separate the two of them. Ever since then, we grew up together and like glue, we never leaved each other's side.

A year or two later, I was still a kid though, but the fire... I was caught in it, surprised I had survived. All I remember was waking at the docs with a single man in the corner. Though scars arose, hideous ones that never healed properly. I would do everything in my power to keep my back hidden. When I was back to go home, I saw remains, no sign of life, no nothing. The townspeople would take pity on me but I didn't want it. Instead, I fell into a state of depression for a few years until I realized, at a young age, that it wouldn't get me anywhere.

Just when my life was going okay, I had gotten nagged by passers when I was walking one night. They were built bigger than me so I stood no chance and just surrendered to their bidding. That alone was one of my biggest mistakes as I didn't fight back, afraid of what would happen, but they did every bit imaginable and more scars were added to my collection. I had started to believe that this is how a girl was supposed to be treated by another man, my fathers words going out of the window,

Years later, I had grown to a teenager and I took the opportunity one night to do something I would never do, but I had enough and so I did. Once the deed was done, I grabbed my horses who were stabled nearby and run as fast as I could, never turning back.

When I reached the next town, I stabled the horses and headed to the hotel. I stayed there for a while and eventually made it my home. Though I couldn't wipe it from my mind which was when I indulged into meditation. Though to my relief, I never heard of anything, allowing my mind to rest some.

When I learned of the art of dying hair, I dyed my hair red to symbolize fire. No, not just because that was how my parents died, but because my fire never died through everything. Even through high waters that splashed upon me, I would slowly add a twig or two just to keep it burning, even if it indeed was small.

To pass by time, I had gotten a job which allowed me to use my horses which I was happy about. By now, I was 18, experienced what most shouldn't in their life time. My employer was a nice old lady and she became close, a substitute for my mother. She helped me see the light in the dark and how to get it in my reach and, without her teachings I don't know where I would be today. Though she eventually died, while it did break my heart and I did grieve, I did not allow that to take me down the tunnel all over again.

I eventually found another job just to pass by time and to earn an income of sorts. Until he came... when he came to the town that I was in, I feared for my life. One just could tell he was a bounty hunter and I feared that he was after me. Instead, I played it cool and normal but his eyes never left my body. I wouldn't lie to say he was cute cause he was, but he was a bounty hunter.

One evening I was walking home and he grabbed my arm and pulled me into an alley, putting a hand over my face. I grimace now at how quickly I fell in love with that man but I was young then. He held one look in his eyes that younger me fell in to, my biggest regret of all, falling in love with that man. Though what I felt with him was not love but younger me didn't know that, heck I don't even know what I feel now with my boyfriend is love. Young Bella didn't know better and was never treated by a man like such.

When Bella told him that she never felt love before, even after all those months of love and adoration, he changed in an instant, taking advantage of her. I was already married to him when I told him. Just like those man that nagged me, he did it all too. Told me to stay home and occupy myself, not allowing me to leave or there would be hell to pay, he would say. I stayed with him for years and years, my life boring over those years, extremely boring. That was until he came home with the other, being in a act of bigamy...

Gathering everything, hitching up a carriage, I rode day in and day night, not being able to sleep. No wonder why I fell asleep on the floor and not the bed at the hotel. My horses worried and worried about me but they pushed on. We didn't make a lot of pit stops, just when necessary. Now, as I'm in BG, I couldn't be happier.

Happy I am here now, but that didn't end the worries that were in my head. Even the stars light dimmed at night, the clouds darken. Not wanting to think the worst, I would just think that it is a storm coming. After of days like this, I think the worst.

When I came to Busted Gulch, I left my horses at the saloon as I went in. And well the rest is history. Though Brody, deputy of Busted Gulch and my boyfriend, had the right bait and got me hooked. While our love was confessed, he was still reeling me in slowly but steadily. Though this man, I can't say when I have ever opened up so much before about everything. I haven't been given a reason that I can't trust him. Sadly, there's that one voice in my head that says Brody is just like every other man but I refuse to believe it. God help me if I am wrong but he isn't a deputy for nothing.

The rest is history as the scars remain, the memories imprinted in my head forever, I'm slowly learning to push them back and not live them again. With help from my new friends and family, my new home, I'll heal.

Guess that wraps up my life, not realizing there was so much to be said. Though my life is not that interesting, my future is unplanned where it lays in the stars hands. I just hope for once I get another blessing as I have received when I came to Busted Gulch. The stars wouldn't bring me here for nothing.

My ink is running out, glad I wrapped it up now. If anyone does read, don't touch my poetry and I hope you enjoyed the insight of my life.

*Bella folds it up and tucks it in the back of her poetry notebook*

That took forever to write, pretty much all day but it was fun writing though. Let me know your thoughts. Enjoy!