Jungkook

"Hello, I'm Jeon Jungkook."

Jimin nodded, looking down at his hands as the young man sat down in front of him. He had fluffy brown hair and soft brown eyes, and as they sat he couldn't stop fidgeting. It reminded Jimin of his younger self, just a little bit. Even that memory seemed painful. 

They both sat cross-legged in the receiving room on thin cushions, accompanied only by the light from the window and the soft, relaxing scent of the incense. Somehow even that couldn't help the tension drain from Jimin's sore muscles. He wasn't sure why this visit had been arranged, but he wanted it to be over as soon as possible. 

He needed to sleep. 

"The monks told me you couldn't speak," Jungkook said.

Jimin picked at the straw mat and didn't answer.

"I'm part of a team of healers in the next town over. They've agreed to let you stay with us, for a bit."

Jungkook paused. Jimin stared at him, barely breathing. It had to be a nightmare. It had to be. They said he was a visitor, he thought, how could they lie to me like that?

"Jimin-ssi."

Jimin shook his head. Jungkook sighed, shoulders sagging.

"It isn't for long. Just until you're healed."

Jimin shook his head harder, shrinking away from him. He couldn't do it. He couldn't leave the temple. How could they do something like this to him?

"Hyung," Jungkook said, his voice breaking, "You'll be fine, I promise. No one will hurt you."

Jimin turned to face the paper screens covering the window. Against his will, a tear dripped down his cheek, and he scrubbed it away, curling into a ball and burying his face in his arms. 

After that, Jungkook didn't seem to know what to say. 

I never know what to say for these. Does it distract from the story? Maybe I should share fun facts about its creation, since it's been through ten drafts already? I don't know. 

This chapter is really short, though.