Epilogue: On The Right Path

It was a beautiful morning.

Jimin sat on the bed, rubbing one shoulder and watching the leaves sway outside his window. They threw their pale shadows over his skin and the walls, filling his room with swaying shapes. Beside him, Yoongi stirred in his sleep, mumbling something under his breath. Jimin smiled, leaning against the wall and blinking out at the end of the balcony. Jin walked out, stretching out a hand to one of his plants. Namjoon slipped out behind him, wrapping his arms around his waist.

Jimin's smile widened. Yoongi stirred again, then stilled.

"Morning, sunshine."

Jimin looked down, laughing as Yoongi made a vain attempt to tame his bedhead. "Good morning."

Yoongi stretched, flopping across the bed with a loud huff. "I take it you're feeling better, then?"

Jimin nodded, leaning against the window to watch Namjoon and Jin. Jin was swaying, patting Namjoon's head absentmindedly.

"I guess we get a nice pause, then," Yoongi said softly, sitting up and wrapping an arm around Jimin.

"For now," Jimin agreed, sighing. "Can we... not think about that?"

"I'm all for it," Yoongi chuckled, resting his chin on Jimin's shoulder. "Think there's any breakfast left?"

"Dunno," Jimin said, returning his laugh.

"Mrrgh," Yoongi rubbed his face in Jimin's shoulder, making Jimin laugh. "Alright then. Just let me know..."

"I know, hyung," Jimin said, patting the top of Yoongi's head. "I will."

Yoongi's relieved sigh sent both of them into fits of laughter, rolling forward onto the bed together. As they lay on the blankets, staring at each other, Jimin felt something inside him relax, slipping away as if eager to be forgotten.

Perhaps it was his past.

He wasn't sure.

But... it was a beautiful morning.

Shame they wanted him to get out of bed. 

Actual healing takes years. This isn't really a conclusion of Jimin's story, just the right stopping spot. From here, he'll be alright, no matter what comes up, so the aim has been reached-- he trusts Yoongi, he's remarkably pain-free, and he's moving forward. 

I don't know about you, but I felt it would be invasive to push the story further. 

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it. I've got other projects in the works, but none of them are as far along as this one was. I think the extra checking was worth it. You?