Chapter Four: No one is ever ready

He was dreaming, he was sure of that.

He remembered joining the dark Sans in cards, then crashing at Nightmares place. Blue hadn't wanted to go home, where he knew Papyrus waited with his hate.

When had Papyrus become so hateful and angry.

Huh... usually he called Papyrus Papy even in his thoughts.

Had things really gotten so bad.

The dream was just a dream, a world of white surrounded by endless mirrors.

He wondered what his mind was doing, after all this dream was definitely not reflecting the touched of either Nightmare or Dream.

He walked across the endless white 'ground' that reminded him of the anti-void, his shoes tapping below him.

The first mirror he came across seemed shattered, he peered inside and he winced, an 'Error' Blue stared back, what he would have become... Blueberror.

He continued on, the next mirror was warped like a fun house mirror.

"Oh..." he said surprised, a Blue controlled by Fresh there smirking with 'Yolo' glasses gleaming. That had actually happened, Fresh was great at Trolling and it had been only a few hours.

Dream still gave Fresh a wide gap when he spotted the parasite, knowing that he'd likely be consumed instead as a true host instead of fun.

He chucked a bit and continued on.

He continued on glancing in the mirrors as he passed, some were amusing, some cringe worthy, some horrifying. Yet, they were all reflection of him, or rather who he could be in some AU's, or the resets that randomly changed the timeline for awhile... no one wanted to remember the cheerleader reset.

Nor would he ever admit to planning to have Error to destroy his AU if that happened again.

He swore Nightmare took notes from the nightmares his subconscious created.

Some made him curious, wondering what Swap timeline they came from or if some where from before remembering.

"Big one?" Blue said, coming across the biggest mirror yet that seemed to go on for miles with some type of rose fixtures.

There was a clatter of sound by his feet, startled he looked down to see a pair glasses.

Curious he picked them, rose colored glasses.

The glasses fell from suddenly limp fingers.

"No.." he whispered, the him in the mirror.

Was him, a him still not awake. A toy to the resets, everything Papyrus wanted him to be.

Someone unchanging, trapped.. never ever allowed to change from the roles of the resets.

What everyone saw, not able to see through there own rosy thoughts to the real him.

"That's not me," he said louder.

"Not anymore!" he said louder.

"I won't allow anyone to ever put me back," he cried.

"You hear me! I'm me! Not that facade of a being." he yelled, smashing his hands against the mirror.

The dream world of mirrors began to darken, mirror began to shatter.

"I am Blue! I am Sans! I am ME!"

The mirror he was yelling and pounding on shattered.

He gave a cry as he began to fall into darkness silver shards of mirrors.

"Are you Afraid of the Dark?" a voice asked, barely a whispered.

Yet he knew it.

Why did he know it?

"It's okay to be afraid, but... we cannot survive by separating ourselves," the voice continues, a smoking form or shadows and darkness forming in front of him, but all he could see was toxic yellow eyes.

"I don't want to..." Blue whispered tears in his eyes, knowing that there was no going back.

"Its better to know, instead of one being awake and one being asleep. We were never suppose to be like this," the being said.

"Please, no," Blue begged.

"All things fall," Blackout said.

"Wake up!"

OoOoO

"Dodge dodge dodge!" a voice shouted.

"Huh... shadow chains," another said, that sounded like Error.

Blue blinked and realized he was sitting up, shadows trailing around him the dark Sans trying to escape shadow chains.

His shadow chains.

The shadows and chains vanished, Blue stares at his hands where a few shadows still flickers.

The barrier was broken, there was no just blueberry and just no Blackout.

He could see his stats, his true stats now that there was no divide.

And he remembered.

He was immediately sick.