Chapter Seven: Not alone in the dark

All Hail Snow-chan for her wonderful beta work

"Stand still and die!" Blackout yelled.

"Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin," Cross shouted back, dodging an attack that destroyed a building.

"You don't have hair, you blithering idiot!" Blackout shouted back.

"Chara does!" the black and white garbed skeleton said, attempting to defend himself.

"That only works if Chara is in control!" Blackout shouted back, idly dusting three monsters.

"This is hilarious," Killer said, munching on popcorn.

"The Ruins are gone and so is Snowdin, and they aren't even paying attention," added Dust, snickering.

"Wonder how far they'll get before the Star Sans arrive," Nightmare pondered, grabbing some buttery goodness.

"Probably in five minutes, Ink and Dream's portals are always so slow," Error said, watching as the duo headed to the next area.

"Let's help the destruction along, I want to be on time for dinner," said Dust, stretching.

"Too bad Horror is missing this, it's classic gold destruction," said Killer, grinning maniacally.

They joined the chaos.

OoOoO

"I was... expecting a massacre and piles of dust, not just this... destruction," Dream said unhappily as they stepped out of the portal into the AU. He didn't check to see what AU it was, as that got depressing after a while.

A crash and screams were heard in the distance. The two stared at each other for a second before speeding towards the carnage.

Despite the chaos, Dream wondered where Blue was- neither of them had been able to find him for this mission.

Blackout sneezed.

OoOoO

"How... how do you have so much energy," Cross gasped, laying flat on the ground, exhausted from the chase.

"Magic," Blackout said dryly, leaning against a broken pillar in the Last Corridor.

Cross gave him a look, and grumbled irritatedly, "We all use magic."

"I have a bit of an excess of magical energy, which is why I'm always so hyper," Blackout admitted.

"That explains way too much," Nightmare said, emerging from the throne room. He was coated with tell-tale signs of monster dust, but it soon vanished.

"Nah, he's a blast when he's gone full hyperforce," Error said from behind Nightmare, holding a familiar red soul, wrapped in his strings.

"Hyperforce," Cross said giggling.

"Let's head off home now, Error's ready to delete the final code," said Nightmare.

"How about you release that soul," said a voice, brimming with anger.

"Yo Inky," Error said, waving sassily at the paintbrush-wielding skeleton.

"Do we have to do this now?" Blackout asked.

Ink and Dream jumped, apparently having not noticed him.

'How does one miss a shadowy skeleton figure?' Blackout thought, sighing aloud.

OoOoO

So. That was the new Dark Sans.

Dream didn't know why he hadn't noticed them before.

The other Sans seemed to be a being made up of shadows, with toxic yellow eyes seemed to stare into his soul. Shadowy mist swirled around them, and the spot that they stood seemed darker then the rest of the room.

He couldn't even seem to check the other being's Stats.

It was like they weren't even there.

"You're making me blush," said the Dark Sans dryly, and Dream realized he'd been staring for over a minute.

"So. You're Blackout," said Dream unhappily.

"Why, so I am, I never knew," said Blackout dramatically, the other Dark Sans snickering in the background.

"Sorry guys, but this is as far as you'll go," Ink growled, adjusting his grip on his paintbrush as his eyelights transformed into red targets.

"Nothing personal," said Dream.

"Except it is," growled Ink angrily.