CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Kaia felt the burning sensation of the horrible taste of water coming back up her throat

Kaia felt the burning sensation of the horrible taste of water coming back up her throat. Her body felt numb, and her mind was in chaos. Her body had no idea how to function as the water spat out of her throat through her mouth. She had been coughing uncontrollably as the air made its way back into her body.

"I've met many foolish people in my life, and Kaia McKinnon you are the biggest of them all" Regulus who was drenched just like her, commented as he patted her back using his arms to keep her supported.

She looked around at the bright scenery surrounding them, no longer in the dreaded cave," T-The Locket" She said between her breathes.

"Kreacher got it, and he's hiding it for us" He responded but then frowned looking at her, his eyes dark," I can't believe you did that Kaia; how could you stun me like that?"

"I couldn't let you do it" She retorted weakly," Forgive me, but I don't think you would have been able to handle that horrid experience"

He let out a laugh in disbelief," I am a lot stronger than you think"

"Not with all that pain" She looked at him," You would have let it consume you, I know it. With how you been putting on a façade about disliking your brother. All of it would have caused you to suffer"

"I'm not a fool to make those glimpses weaken me" He argued

"What done is done Regulus, I made my choice and we succeeded" She pushed his arm away frowning," I did what I felt like was right"

"Okay," He stopped her but she noticed how right away something was wrong making her reach over placing a hand on his shoulder," What's wrong Regulus?"

He slowly turned to her and kept his lips in a tight frown," I've already contacted Dumbledore, and I need you to go back with him"

"Excuse me?" She said confused to his sudden words

"Kaia, he found out about our plans, and I need you to go back to The Order, it's not safe for us now" He explained

"What? Why can't you go with me?"

"It's better if we go separate ways and I already explained with Dumbledore the plans"

"What plans?" She said asked slowly

"I'm sorry Kaia" He whispered leaning over kissing her forehead but before she could respond or comprehend why he was apologizing; she had already fallen into unconsciousness knowing he used a spell on her. The last she saw was him apparating away with Kreacher.

The next time Kaia opened her eyes, she was laying in an unfamiliar bedroom. She didn't move around with how much pain her body was in, and a voice filled her ears," I should have known from the beginning, that you were never a traitor"

She looked up slowly to the figure in the room and let out a breath," Sirius" her voice sounded hoarse and broken

"I should have seen all the signs!" She flinched to the sound of him hitting his fist on the plastered wall as he slowly turned to her. She noticed his eyes were glistening with a hint of guilt.

"It just means I did well on my job" Kaia let out a laugh," I've—" She was cut off to him sitting on the bed she was on," You did too well" He mumbled reaching over putting his hand on her cheek," To even go as far, to be engaged to my brother?"

"It was the only way for me to stay close" She went to explain but Sirius shook his head which was telling her not to say anymore.

"Dumbledore already explained everything"

She looked down and nodded about to lay back down, but before she could lips had already connected to her own, literally taking her breath away.

She didn't pull away from his own and found her lips moving in sync with his own.

It lasted for a moment until she pulled away to take a breather, feeling a forehead leaning on her own." I've waited for so long, to do that"

She chuckled to his words raising a hand to his cheek," I have as well"

"I missed you so much," He said softly

"I've missed you terribly as well" She responded looking into his eyes. He smiled at her caressing her cheek, just staring into her eyes lovingly.

"Let us go and make your sister come in before she takes her threat quite literally on shaving my head" Kaia found herself chuckling to his words," We can't have that your hair is the best feature"

"Why do I suddenly find that compliment hurtful?"

She smiled reaching over running her thumb on his cheek," Well maybe this exquisite jawline as well?" She teased

He pursed his lips playfully as she found herself connected her lips with his own, but both got cut off to the door slamming opening," OKAY! Enough with that!! Black, you said 5 minutes, I mean I thought of being nice, and gave an extra 3 minutes but—"

Kaia had gotten herself out of the bed running to her sister, pulling her into a hug," Marlene"

"Hey, you foolish sister of mine" Her younger sister responded while keeping a smile on her face.