CHAPTER FIFTEEN

The Battle of Hogwarts was the day that everyone had been preparing for, along the way there had been a lot of loss, but they all were ready to prevail in this battle

The Battle of Hogwarts was the day that everyone had been preparing for, along the way there had been a lot of loss, but they all were ready to prevail in this battle. Along with the the Marauder's and their wives, with the exception of Evanie Lupin, since she has just given birth a few months ago to her first child Edward Lupin.

"You know, I always assumed for us to return to school, was for some kind of reunion of some sort, but for a battle? Never expected it" James looked to his two best mates.

Sirius let out a laugh leaning on the stairway they were sat," Oh the good old days, when we came to school—pulled some mischief and just lived our lives to the fullest, well, with one night dedicated to Moony"

Remus rolled his eyes," Oh the agony"

James smirked leaning forward past Sirius," Back in the day, I would have never thought you could come to joking about those nights"

"It's because his wife would have at him if he did" Sirius teased making Remus narrow his eyes," Right, as if I'm the only one who listens to my wife, last I remembered you two share the same obedience when it comes to them"

"I do not/No way!" Both James and Sirius said in sync

"I would come to agree" The guys all turned to Lily who was smirking at them with her arms folded," Honestly, it's not just you but the same with Ezekiel"

"Oh right, I forgot you two just recently gotten together" James smirked then turned to Remus," Wait does that mean you two are going to be in-laws?"

"Pretty much, it's not that complicated Jas" James craned his head back to his wife smiling," I was wondering where you went off too" Tabitha rolled her eyes at him," Right, while everyone is cleaning the mess, you three are here sitting and reminiscing about the past"

"Can you blame us Tabi?" Sirius challenged making her huff at the nickname, that once again changed. It varied from T-Dog, Taboo, Bitty, Itsy Bitsy and many others, and it was an ongoing game he might never end.

"Not really Sirius, but maybe after we clear out the school, then you can sit down and act like old men"

"Cherish the moments of being young" Kaia was next to walk over with her arms on her hips," Seriously—"

She sent a narrow gaze to her husband who was about to add in the usual pun that came with the word she just used making him raise his hand motioning a zipper gesture.

"Come on Love, you're only a couple years older" Sirius whined playfully making her sigh

"If you don't get up your arse Sirius Black, I will really consider shaving—" He didn't give her enough time to finish the sentence since he was already standing up walking over to her.

"Duty calls!" He shouted picking his pace up leaving the others who just watched him in amusement.

Kaia waved to the others following her husband, who was a little bit farther ahead but waiting for her by a column.

"I thought by now that threat wouldn't be so effective," She said to him as they repaired the damaged walls.

"Love, when it comes to my hair—I will never take it lightly"

She chuckled looking over to him lowering her wand," I know it seems a little silly talking about this right now, but I wanted to bring up that subject we spoke about a few months ago" She said slowly, as Sirius finished the last repair before them peering at her.

"Kaia, we don't need to talk about it, if it's hard for you" She shook her head to his words taking his hand.

"I've taken the test at St. Mungo's" She started slowly taking slow breaths," It would seem, that the spell worked"

His eyes widen to her words letting out a small breath," Did it?"

She smiled and nodded her head," The danger rate had lowered immensely, and it would be safe for us to try again" She placed a hand on her stomach," I want to try again if you are will—"

"Don't think for a second of me hesitating" He cut her off, placing a hand on her cheek," I will always be willing, it was a tough time for us, but I'm ready"

She felt his lips on her forehead, as it trailed down to her eyelids, to her nose then to her lips.

Sirius and Kaia had lost their first child a few years ago, and it had been devastating for them. It turned out that Kaia's body was not fully compatible for bearing children and they regrettably found it the hard way.

Through the help of Lily who was a Head Nurse at St. Mungo's, she had taken procedures to try and work through her body becoming adjusted to having children.

"My Love, I will be with you every step of the way," Sirius said softly kissing her hand," Always"

"I know you will" She responded

"Honestly, I am so glad you asked me out in the Great Hall years ago, because since I ran away that time, I asked you—I just never thought I'd have the courage to ask again"

"Well, I like how it ended—seeing the faces of everyone was hilarious, and it still cracks me up until today" Kaia smirked

He reached over, running his thumb on her cheek over to her lips "I think the best part of it all, was when I first heard your laugh and finally see that beautiful smile"

"Who would have thought, the Paramour of Hogwarts would have broken that shell that I had?" She questioned

"With the power of love?" He teased making her chuckle which was always music to his ears

"I love you Kaia Black"

"And I love you Sirius Black"