Chpt 5: Our rainbow connection

Info: ( For this or future chapters)
(Y/N) - Your name
(H/C)- Hair color
(F/C) - Favorite color
POV- Point of view

Author note:
Okay, so this song kinda inspired me to write this little Snufkin x reader fanfic. But, this isn't the only song that inspired me to write this. I'll put that in the 10th chapter (; . Anyway, I'll stop babbling. Enjoy the song while reading, it's quiet lovely. UGH, I JUST LOVE IT. Okay, okay, enjoy (:
-Krissy
___________________________________

(Y/N)'s POV:
I really didn't expect to find Snufkin so quickly. It's a down right miracle.
"Oh I knew it was her Snufkin!" Little Moomin grinned, his eyes twinkling with delight.
"I see you've met Moomintroll." Snufkin chuckled.
" Can you show me your drawings?!"
"Now now Moomin, let (Y/N) come in, and let her catch a breath." Snufkin patted the snowy furred boy on the shoulder.
"Oh gosh! I'm sorry, I was just a tad to excited there." Moomin let out a bashful giggle.
"It's alright lil' fella." I reassured him with a half smile.
"Moomin, Snufkin, who's at the door??" I heard a feminine voice from inside. Sweet as honey and as warm as a nights cup of chamomile tea. A motherly voice.
"It's (Y/N) Mama! The girl who Snufkin was talking about!" Moomin answered back.
"Come in! We're just having breakfast!" Moomin let me in the humble household, closing the door behind. The excited child ran to what I assumed was the dining area.
"Talking about me?" I whispered to Snufkin. His cheeks rushed over with a light shade of cotton candy pink.
" W-well yes. All good things." He scratched the back of his neck. I just laughed, amused.
"I sure hope all good things." I set my traveling bag in the living area, and followed Snufkin to the dining room. I immediately felt my body stiffen as I saw a group of people sitting at the table.
" So you're the one and only (Y/N) Snufkin has been talking about." A fellow Moomin with a top hat had commented.
" Yup that's me." I felt my cheeks heat up from all this attention. Just everyone staring...at me.
"Well have a seat dear, I'm sure you're famished from your travels." The same motherly voice I heard earlier has spoke again. It came from another Moomin, who wore a simple apron as she brang bowls of blueberry oatmeal to the table.
"Oh no thank you , I wouldn't want to intrude." I insisted.
"Nonsense, come! Have a seat." The lovely woman went back to the kitchen to make me a piping hot bowl of oatmeal. I sighed, and took a seat.
" Hey! Are you really good at drawing? If so, can you draw me? That'd be really neat, wouldn't it?" I turned to my right to look down at a little girl in a red dress and pink bow around her neck, spitting words out at me like fire. She wore he bright copper-red hair in a an onion shaped bun.
" Well I would say I'm good at drawing." I shrugged.
" And If you give me your name, and the others, maybe I will draw you." I winked .
"My name's Little My! And there's Moominmama, Moominpapa, Moomin, and you already know Snufkin. Okay, I did what you asked! Can you draw me now?" Oh goodness gracious she talks fast for someone who has to stand on their chair.
" Oh yes, sorry for not introducing ourselves earlier dear! We're still half asleep you see!" Moominmama gave me an apologetic smile as she came and set down a steaming bowl of blueberry oatmeal in front of me.
" It's alright, and thank you for the meal as well..smells pretty goo-"
"Can you draw me now?" Little My's persistence made me giggle.
"Hold on Little My. Just let me get something to draw on real quick." I looked around, to lazy to go and get my sketchbook. I substituted a napkin instead of my usual notebook paper.
"Hold still...!" The little munchkin bounced around like a...well super bouncy ball! It took me 10 minutes to finally sketch out this hyper child!
"There!" I handed her the napkin:

well super bouncy ball! It took me 10 minutes to finally sketch out this hyper child!"There!" I handed her the napkin:

She smirked. " Well boy, aren't I pretty?" She sounded pleased. I smiled as I watched her examine the pen sketch with interest.
" That is quite nice (Y/N)." Moomin looked over from his chair.
" Hey, it's mine!"
" Alright, everyone settle down." Snufkin interrupted the chaos.
" Let the girl have a breather. You're smothering her. Go on and eat your breakfast (Y/N). You haven't touched it." Snufkin handed me a spare napkin, for the one I had was used for Little My's demands.
" Thanks."
" Don't mention it."
*30 minutes later*
"I'm stuffed!" I said thickly through my last bite of Moominmamas delicious oatmeal.
" Thank you again for the delicious meal Moominmama"
"It was my pleasure (Y/N)." She grinned.
" And thank you, everyone, for making me feel welcomed in your humble home." I honestly felt I wasn't saying thank you enough. They let a complete stranger eat and sit in their house. It was strange, but oh so kind. They all gave me a thumbs up.
"Now, if you'd excuse me, I best be on my way to set up camp for the night." I started to push in my chair as Snufkin did so with his. Weird.
" I'll help with that." He offered.
" It's okay Snufkin."
"Oh but I insist! Besides, I live right by the bridge." He added.
" The bridg?- Ohhhhh. So that's why there was a tent there."
"Exactly. Come along now. Good bye everyone!" He smiled at everyone as I waved goodbye. We both walked together, side by side to the bridge, the stream splashing sprinklets of water onto the grass.
" So, how have you been Snufkin?" I had decided to make small talk as we set up my tent next to his.
" I'd say I'm doing fine. Being in Moominvalley and all."
" Ah yes your beloved Moominvalley. If it were a real person you'd probably marry them by now." I snorted. He let out a soft chuckle.
" I don't believe I would. Leaving in the winter and all."
"Really?"
"Why yes. I do like to spend time by myself ya know." He grunted as he started to hammer in a peg for the tent.
" I see."
" And how about you? I assume you're very far from home." He said with a hint of curiosity in his voice.
" I don't have a home, actually." I laughed nervously as I saw his expression change.
" Really? So you don't go back to your home town or...?"
"I'd actually rather not speak on the subject." I had started to become uncomfortable.
"Right, right..sorry." He apologized.
After we set up my little tent, it had started to rain. We decided to just sit in my tent until it passed over. And with that, we spent the rest of the day getting to know each other better. Just like the conversation we had back at that little cafe he took me too. That's when my tummy started to do somersaults again. I felt as if we had this connection of some sort.. I didn't know what it was, but it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but with a sense of comfort.
"Oh! Would you look at that, it stopped." Snufkin pointed out that the rain had passed over, now crawling out of the tent. I tagged along, and as soon as I exited, my eyes layed upon a beautiful rainbow, soaring across the sky.
"Gorgeous isn't it?" He asked.
"Indeed." I said, still in awe of how unbelievably amazing it looked, as if someone paints it across the horizon. We just gazed in silence. And that's when I realized that this..this is what our connection was..a rainbow connection. A never ending beam of light, creating something beautiful.

End of Chapter 5
(Oh my gosh I came back and fixed so many spelling errors. Sorry guys schfhdhghftjg)