Chpt 7: Tears of tree sap

Info: ( For this or future chapters)
(Y/N) - Your name
(H/C)- Hair color
(F/C) - Favorite color
POV- Point of view

Author note:
Hey guys! I hope you enjoy the new chapter! And also, I might not be able to update often because I start band camp Monday. I will update when I can!Hope y'all understand! Also, enjoy the music as well! I listened to it while writing this chapter.
- Krissy
___________________________________

Snufkin's POV:
" (Y/N)?!" I called out, but didn't receive an answer. Where could she have gone? I constantly kept looking back at the sketch I had found in the grass. I'm flattered that out of all people, she would draw me. But then again, she had drawn Little My, so I shouldn't feel special...but why do I feel special?
I shook my head as I called out for (Y/N) once more. Several minutes went by until I heard soft weeping in the distance. Cautious, I slowed my pace.
" (Y/N)?" I peaked from behind a maple tree. The (H/C) girl whipped her head to face me, then quickly hid her face in her arms.
" Go away Snufkin." Her voice was shaky from sobbing her heart out.
" I don't believe I will." I settled myself next to her, laying back on the bark covered trunk.
" I have something for you." I fished out the sketch as she lifted her head slowly. Her cheeks turned cheery red.
" No need to be embarrassed (Y/N). I find it quite flattering." I smiled warmly. I heard her sigh on relief, which was followed by a pleased grin.
" I'm glad you like it. You can keep it if you like." She pushes back the crumpled piece of paper.
" Really? Why thank you! What a nice gift." I put it back in my robes pocket. She nodded, and then looked back at the rest of her ripped out sketches.
" That fowl little creature." The words snaked out of her mouth in a mumble.
" Ah yes, Stinky. He can be a bit mischievous." I shook my head.
" A bit? I spent about a year and a half trying to fill the pages!" Her voice raised with anger. My eyes widened in surprise.
".. I-I'm sorry.. it's just that it meant a lot to me, the sketch book. It's the last thing before my mother..."
She stared at the ground, not completing the sentence.
" Hey." I placed my hand atop her shoulder.
" You don't have to tell me anything if you don't feel comfortable, it's alright. If you choose to tell me I'm the future, that's alright as well." I explained.
" Thank you Snufkin." She said. Her hand snatched up a sketch from the stack. It showed a family of stick figures, three to be exact.
" My mother drew this." Her finger tips ran down the page slowly as her eyes traced each and every last pencil stroke.
" And it means the world to me." She let out a soft giggle.
" I see.." I examined the little doodle myself.
" She used to bake me raspberry pies and cooked the most amazing suppers. My favorite was beef and broccoli stew."
" I take it that your mother is an amazing women."
"Yeah..." She looked up at the cloudless sky.
It turned into what seemed was silence, but comfortable silence. I glanced over at (Y/N), and she seemed to be feeling better.
" Would you like to go back to the flower fields? More than likely, Stinky won't come back." I asked. She hesitated, but soon enough, answered with a yes.
" C'mon then! It'll be fun!" I jumped to my feet.
" But what about the rest of our friends? I wouldn't want to trouble them with my pouty mood." She frowned, hesitating once again.
" Don't worry. It'll just be you and me. Now c'mon." I offered my hand to her. She took hold of it. My stomach felt fuzzy..must have been my breakfast. I hadn't noticed until now... that she never let go of my hand. And for some odd reason... I wasn't bothered by it.
(Y/N)'s POV:
His hand was ruff, yet soft at the same time. It was quite delightful, holding hands with Snufkin, and he didn't seem bothered by it at all. We walked back towards the fields, and it was still beautiful as ever.
" What do you want to do (Y/N)?" Snufkin asked, untwining his hand from mine. Darnit...
" Hmmm...."
*15 minutes later*
" So this was the best you could think of?" Snufkin huffed as I decorated his hair with flowers and such.
" Awww, c'mon! You look dashing!" I grinned as I gathered more flowers.
" Dashing? Well I wouldn't say that. It's silly if you asked me." He picked at the grass, his legs crossed.
" It's not silly at all. You're just a big ol' grump!" I teased.
" I beg to differ..." He grumbled. I shook my head with amusement. ' With flowers in his hair, he looks rather cute..' I thought to myself. I shook the idea out of my head.
' C'mon (Y/N), you're just friends..that's all you'll ever be...just friends..'
End of Chapter 7
Author note:
- I'll try to update when I can you guys! Till then, stay tuned (:
-Krissy