Chapter 14: While the Sun says its goodbyes

Info: ( For this or future chapters)
(Y/N) - Your name
(L/N) - Last name
(H/C)- Hair color
(F/C) - Favorite color
POV- Point of view

Author note:
Hehe... Sorry for the long delay on incoming chapters. I've been busy with some stuff, but now, I'm better than ever! Stay safe, and I hope you all are doing well during this time !
- Krissy
___________________________________
(Y/N)'s POV:
Moomin valley was on the verge of winter. Chilly, yet bright with all the sweet faces I will surely miss seeing everyday.
My pack full and my spirits high, I was ready to travel not alone, but alongside the adorable fool wearing a patchy green hat, Snufkin.
It's baffling really, that I have crossed paths with a stranger, now a beloved friend. All the adventures we've had, all the laughs we've shared, all the mistakes we've learned from... I'm grateful to have had those with him, and to experience more by traveling to who knows where, by his side.

" So, ready to go then? " Snufkin perked as he swung his bag over his shoulders.
" As ready as I expect to be. " I sighed, gripping at my packs straps.
" Well then. We've said our goodbyes, collected our things, what are we waiting for? "
" You apparently. " I smirked, earning an eye roll and shake of the head from Snufkin.
" Enough with the silly banter, let's go whilst the sun is still up. "

    His bulky brown boots crunched the dry grass while his pots and pans clattered together as they hung from his bag.
    I glanced back at Moomin house, which stood tall and proud. From the corner of my eye, I saw Moomin looking out the upstairs window. I waved at him, but he immediately hid from eyes view. Poor Moomintroll, so sad because Snufkin's leaving for the winter. At least he'll be hibernating for it all.
     I turn to face the forest yet again, Snufkin's brown bushel of hair nearly swatting at my nose.

" Moomin was looking at us ya know. "
" Yes, I'm aware. I choose not to look back, or that will distract me from what occurrences lie ahead. And seeing Moomintroll sulk while I leave...that's to much for me. "

    He shook his head, not wanting to picture the image of a downhearted little Moomin. Unfortunately, now I have that engraved into my brain.

" Aside from what's behind, let's focus ahead. There's this little town I always seem stop by during my travels. I'm positive you'll love it! " Snufkin smiled confidently.
" How far is this town? "
" About 1 week by foot, so not that far. We'll find a spot to rest once the sun says it's goodbyes for the moon to say hello. "
The way he worded that was absolutely precious.
" Sounds ideal. I hope you brang your walking shoes, because we're looking at miles of trees ahead of us! " I cheered.
" (Y/N).. these are my only shoes. " He said it so serious, I couldn't help to burst out laughing. He joined me with a soft , light chuckle.
   Our moment was cut off by a sudden rustle in the bushes. I flinched, already overthinking the amount of things that could be in that bush.
    While I was panicking next to Snufkin, a chunky little ball of a squirrel came running out of the mess of twigs and leaves.
" Just a squirrel . Nothing to worry about (Y/N). "
" Sorry, I haven't really traveled in about, what , 5 months? "
" That's alright. C'mon now. " He patted my back with a smile. I felt a tiny chill go up my spine, but hey, at least it wasn't as bone chilling as last time! That's an accomplishment I think....
_________________________________
Dale's POV:
Darn squirrels! They should mind their own business, and search for acorns elsewhere. I positioned myself once again, branches poking me in places I didn't want to be poked....EVERYWHERE.
I can't believe father would go to these lengths in order to capture this criminal, Snufkin. I understand, but still a little out there.
Finally , they were out of sight. I untangled myself from the branchy torture chamber, and collapsed onto the ground, already exhausted. Note to self, hide behind a tree next time.
I fished my silver compact out of my sack of supplies, and opened it to be met with a hologram of father and his all to familiar, nearly toothless smile.
" How is it going, my son? "
" Uh, they're headed to a town of some sort. The nearest town to Moomin valley I assume. "
" Ah yes, that would be the town of Moonberry. You're aunt lives there. "
" Really?!? "
" Don't get excited. She's..horrendous. "
Which probably means heavenly, coming from father.
" She lives on Bay Avenue. Last house on the block. "
I nodded, shutting the compact with a ' click ' .

I've never met my aunt, or anyone other than father for that matter.
I dusted myself off, and braced myself for a long, LONG trip.

End of Chapter 14

I'm glad to be back :)