4.

after the officer finished his questions, he left ana and colby alone in the room.

the nurse occasionally came in to check her iv and other vitals, but other than that,

they were alone.

she glanced over at him with tears in her eyes.

"thank you so much" she said quietly.

he wiped the tears from her cheeks. "you're very welcome, how are you feeling?"

she sighed. "i don't know"

he looked at her puzzled. "i'm terrified" she said.

"do you have anywhere to go?" he asked.

she shook her head no as more tears fell.

"hey hey hey it's okay" he said trying to reassure her. "i know we just met, but you're always welcome
to stay with me"

she let out a tiny smile, just enough for her dimples to show. "thank you, i'd appreciate that"

colby smiled back. "in a few me and the other guys who found you, can move your stuff to my apartment if that's okay with you and in the morning i can come get you"

"okay" she said lightly.

"don't worry, you're in good hands" he said.

he went out to talk to sam, elton, and matt to tell them the plan.

"wait she's going to be living with you!!!" elton said. "do you think that's the safest idea?"

"it is for her, she has no one else." colby said. "no family, no friends"

they all agreed and talked over the plan.

then he went to the receptionist and gave them his information.

then they went and moved over her stuff.

——then morning after———

colby received a call at around 11:30 from the hospital.

"hi is this Mr. brock?"

"yes"

"okay, ana is ready to be released, the nurse has a few instructions for you if you decided to pick her up"

"okay i'm on my way"

colby drove to the hospital.

the nurse was already at the front desk ready to talk to him

"hi colby?"

"yes"

"okay so ana has a few things that you should know." she began. "she has a few fractured ribs on her back, right side, so she is not allowed to lay on her right side. i have prescribed painkillers for her. about 850mg of ibuprofen, have her take those every 6 hours."

colby nodded as she spoke, taking mental notes.

"she will be very weak for a few days, i recommend bedrest for her until she feels comfortable enough to walk. it will take a few weeks to regain her full strength, but during those weeks i recommend helping her stretch and work out."

he nodded again.

"she has a brace on her back, use the velcro straps to adjust to her back, she should sleep in it, only take it off in the shower or bath, also make sure she drinks a lot of water and gatorade and she eats a lot of food with protein"

"okay" he said. "anything i should look for?"

"look for excessive swelling on her back, and if her bruises keep getting worse, and they're not healing, bring her in to urgent care"

"okay" colby said as the nurse handed him her prescriptions.

then he the nurses wheeled her out to his car and he drove her to his apartment.

he carried her up to her new room and layed her down in bed.

"sooo this is my apartment. your bathroom is across the hall, i have all your soaps in there. i am across the living room if you need me, i found your phone and i put your number in my phone incase you need me, i texted you so you have it, also i hung up and put away all your clothes"

she smiled at him "you're the sweetest thank you" she said softly. "i would change my clothes but i can't"

"i would help you if you're comfortable with that"

she nodded yes. "did you find a big oversized, dark blue shirt by any chance? it has a few holes in the shoulders"

he shuffled through her closet. "yes, hear you go"

he tossed the shirt to her, she removed her hospital gown and slipped the big shirt on.

"and some underwear" she said.

he walked over to her drawers and tossed her a black thong.

"anything else"

"some nike athletic shorts" she said.

he went a few drawers down and found the loose shorts and handed them to her.

she slipped them on from under the covers. she grimaced at every movement her legs had to make.

he rushed over. "are you okay?" he said.

she slipped the shorts on and flopped down on her back, grimacing again at her ribs. "ouuuuuch" she sighed and closed her eyes. "biiiiitch" she said under her breath.

"do you need anything?" he said "water? food? more pillows?"

she lightly chuckled "you're too sweet. maybe some water"

he left then returned with a bottled water.

"just a heads up, jake, sam, and corey are coming over later, they're probably gonna want to meet you if that's okay" colby said.

he could see the discomfort in her face.

"it's okay if you don't want to talk to them yet, i know you're probably very anxious" he said.

"thank you" she said

"it's no problem" he said "i've got you"