Chapter 28

Shadow's P.O.V. 

I saw him get in his car after he shook his head. I pinned my ears down and slowly nodded, I started walking back to Rouge and Rose when I suddenly heard Sonic honk at me. I turned around and looked at him. "Get in." He said a little more calm and unlocked the car so I could get in the passengers seat. 

I looked over to the window where I knew Rouge, Rose and the fox were looking us from and they all nodded for me to go. I looked back at the car and I got in. He stayed quiet and started to drive away. I stayed quiet as well, I was not sure where we were going or what we were doing but I stayed quiet. I stayed quiet the entire ride to a place where I had never been before. 

"Gates!" Sonic yelled as he stuck his head out the window and honked at some guards. I stayed quiet still, I was questioning why those guards were opening those gates but they stopped us once we were next to them and they saw me. 

"I am sorry Sir, but I dont think the Queen will welcome him here." A guard said and I looked at Sonic, I was so confused, even more when I heard him growl. He never did that. 

"He is with me, understood? You are letting him in or I will break these gates again, got it, Marcus?" He said and the guard nodded and let us through. Sonic drove in and parked outside the castle. He unbuckled himself and then unlocked the door and got off. "Are you coming or not?" He said a lot more calmer and I got off and followed him in. 

"Mister, Miss Rabbot is in your room, she refused to get out until she made sure you were well." A guard looked stopped us as another one came. 

"Sir, we have your suit ready for dinner." 

"Maurice, you are supposed to be training." 

"Mister, Lady Sonia was looking for you." 

"Excuse me master, but he shouldnt be allowed here." They kept bombarding him with a lot of things, I could tell Sonic was getting annoyed. 

"Enough!" He finally snapped after a bit. "I am not training! I am in no need of that suit! Tell Sonia I have things to do! And I will take care of Miss Rabbot and Shadow the Hedgehog is my guest. Dont test me." He growled and started to walk away. I looked at the guards then quickly followed Shadow. 

"You are from the royal fa-" He cut me off. 

"Shut it. When we are alone." He said and I slowly nodded. He opened the door of a room and a girl quickly jumped on him and hugged him. 

"Sonic! Sweetie! I was getting really worried about you! What happened? Who hurt you? Are you okay? No bruises? What happened?" She asked as she pulled away from him, she looked at me and she glared at me. I stayed still not really sure who she was or if she was from the royal family who could get me killed or sent back to the ARK. "What is he doing here?" 

"Bunnie, Shadow. Shadow, Bunnie. Now get out so we can talk and then I will explain, If you eavesdrop in our conversation, I will tell the guards to lock you up." Sonic said and she nodded and left. Sonic walked in the room so I followed in and he closed the door. "I saw the girls and Tails watching us earlier, I wanted to come somewhere more private."

"Yeah, I figured they would." I answered. I sighed and sat down in the bed. "Look, I am truly sorry." 

"No. Dont even start with that." He said and sat down as well but kept his distance. "I dont know what to do or say anymore about this. I want to believe you but I really dont know how..." He said and I slowly nodded. 

"I know, I understand... I just... I said the truth earlier..." 

"I know you did... But I dont think I can trust you again... I am scared of you..." He confessed and I slowly nodded. 

"Im truly sorry for hurting you that day. I was... planning on kissing you... but when I found out it was you, I felt hurt. I felt as if things werent going to work out because of our past." 

"So you decided to hurt me more to keep me away instead of giving me a chance?" 

"I am not...good with these things and that is the truth." I sighed. 

"I know you arent... And if I am being honest, I love you too... But..." He stopped for a while. "It cant happened." I froze by those words. I felt how my heart broke into tiny pieces again.