29

ISABELLA

"Hey Matt, what's up?" I say opening the door even wider.

"Oh nothing, just came over to see how you were."

"Oh, alright. I'm doing great actually." I say smiling.

I close the door, making sure to lock it so no one comes walking in.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." Matt says motioning to the comfy sofa.

"Sure, what's up?" I say taking a seat next to him, in a criss cross apple sauce position facing him.

"So, I know we've grown a lot with our friendship throughout the months, and trust me I love you with my heart, shit I would do anything for you. My family received some news about a family emergency, and it includes some circumstances..." He says with a softer voice at the end.

I furrow my eyebrows at his sentence at the end and how he said it, then panic starts rising in me as I'm afraid of what's coming next.

"W-What do you mean?" I ask, my heart sinking at the frown on his face.

"Isabella, my mom is very very sick. She was supposed to come here when we moved but my dad demanded that she stayed at home under care. She's had leukemia for awhile now, and her symptoms are leading to fatal results, we have to move back to spend our last days with her, a-and I don't think we are coming back." His voice cracks as I watch tears fall down his cheeks, mine also falling.

He's leaving and he's never coming back, the guy who took my first kiss, my first best friend, the only person who truly loved me and cared for me, is leaving.

"When are you going?" I ask slightly sniffling.

"In 2 days, I'm sorry I didn't give you a earlier warning, trust me I don't want to leave but I have no choice-"

"That's not even a choice Matthew, she's your mother, your life giver. She's more important than your best friend alright? You need to comfort her and tell her you love her, to always be by her side for her last days, she needs to leave this world peacefully with her family by her side, including you. Don't worry about me, I will never forget you. You are the first person who brought me out of my dark days, and I will always thank you for that. I love you so much my sweet boy, just don't forget me." I say grabbing his face and my nose touches his.

"Will you text me everyday Isabella?" He asks with sadness filling his eyes.

"I promise, I will text you everyday, you mean so much to me I will never stop reaching out to you. Even when you aren't there."

"I love you so much Isabella." He says as he crashes his soft lips into mine.

The last kiss we will ever have.