6 - Escaping

A/N; hey guys sorry for the shorter chapter!

She didn't know if it was just her or if the room was actually getting smaller. Kara's breath began to hitch as panic set over her. She had lied to Lena for years and now she had to unravel this information to her within a rough two and a half minutes.

Her vision was blurry and her heart felt like a sledgehammer. Kara wanted to scream, wanted to cry, wanted to run. Only this time, she couldn't run. She could no longer run from her problems and it scared the blonde. She needed to face Lena with the deafening truth.

Taking a deep breath in, Kara spoke in a shaky voice. "Lena," She had to pause, to look into the Luthor's emerald green eyes, "I'm so s-sorry."

Lena glanced up at her in confusion, tilting her head and furrowing her eyebrows. If Kara weren't so fidgety and panicked she would be awing over her best friends cute puppy-like face. "Why're you sorry?" The raven haired woman asked with confusion in her eyes.

"I-I'm....I'm S-Super—" Kara cut herself off and took another deep breath in, taking off her glasses slowly, "I'm Supergirl. I've always been Supergirl and I had no idea how to tell you. Some days I looked at you and thought it was for the best, that I was trying to protect you," The blonde's voice began to crack and tears slowly travelled down her cheeks, "Then as the months went by, I realised I had made a huge mistake in not telling you sooner, but then for a short time you hated Supergirl. As you thought she was like Superman, but you loved Kara. And I thought if I could be K-Kara... just Kara... then I could keep you. I love you so much Lena. Please understand."

The timer ticked over to one minute. Lena just gulped roughly and stared coldly into Kara's eyes. She was numb, shocked and surprised. But there seemed to be a part of her that already knew that her best friend was keeping a huge secret.

Three years. Three years of friendship, laughs, connections, stories, breakdowns, lift ups and lunch dates. All swirled up into a new path. A new path of uncertainty. No one would know where this news would lead them.

"L-Lena? Say something oh please god j-just say something!"

"Explosion in t-minus 30 seconds."

Kara grunted and ripped off her khaki pants and tucked in button down shirt, to reveal the superhero suit underneath. She swore she heard Lena mutter something about 'nice suit' under her breath, but ignored it.

She speedily grabbed the CEO and ripped off her cuffs roughly, bursting through the lead filled room, only to be met with the outside world almost straight away. It seemed they were in a bunker a few dozen metres away from the house.

"Oh my god, Alex. They're all still in there. Please stay here and be safe, Lee." Kara let the old nickname slip off her tongue, causing herself to go slightly red. "I-I um, yeah."

She sped off to the huge, cloaked mansion and flew through every single room. Every time she saw a passed out agent she scooped them into her arms and practically threw them outside.

The large, white walls and corridors made Kara go mentally insane. It was like flying in a donut circle constantly and missing a main key point of the place every time.

With ten seconds to go, she realised there was a dent under one of the huge self portrait paintings of the Luthor family. The painting warily stared into her soul. Supergirl thrusted her way through the wall only to find Alex tied up in the corner, her arms and legs wrapped in rope.

Kara's eyes widened as she snatched her into her strong arms and bursted out of the place. As the explosion went off, her ears ringed and an echoing pain shattered through her veins. But she didn't give up, her sister was counting on her.

Kara fell to grass outside of the mansion, where Lena and the other agents were waiting and starting to wake up.

Spits of fire and rubble were thrown in their direction, and Kara, with weak arms, threw her cape over them to protect her sister.

After a few long, dozen or so seconds, Kara wobbly stood up and gestured a nearby agent to cut free Alex while she sat down to rest.

"The explosion was laced with Kryptonite." Lena stated with a blank expression. She was hard and cold and serious. It was like the first time Kara had met her all over again.

"How did you know?" The heroine groaned in pain, noticing the slight sparkle of green travelling through her fingers and up her forearm.

"I saw the green sparkles and gases in the air. I know my brother and he does this type of stuff and would make this type of stuff easily."

Kara nodded in agreement. It was then airily silent. For a few minutes the two friends just watched as the DEO agent's got their composure and helped Alex find her grounding again.

"Hey, um, Lena I-."

"I suggest you save it, Sup-Kara. I'll let you explain later I'm just not in a mood for more lies."

Kara gulped and her shoulders slumped out of rejection. A car any minute would be coming to pick Lena up and she wasn't even allowed to explain herself more.

"Okay Lena..." The blonde mumbled, her back against a black DEO van, head plopped cutely in her hands.

Lena was merely plain devastated. She wasn't too confused anymore, and only a little hurt. She was just devastated that her best friend would one, keep something like this from her for three or so years and two, she hadn't been crushing on two people. She liked one person. Kara Danvers.

Or should she say Kara Zor-El.