The night after the battle of the 7 Potters

You were one of the 7 Potters having drunk the Polyjuice Potion Mad-Eye gave you. You nearly died if it wasn't for Ron protecting you and Tonks from a Deatheater you both didn't see coming. As soon as the three of you arrived at the Burrow, you slowly came to your senses after the intense warscene you'd just been in, and you were greeted by your friends. Arthur and Fred were the last to arrive. It wasn't until Fred asked where he was, that you started to worry about George. You and Fred ran into the Burrow and you were shocked seeing your boyfriend of a few years lying on the couch with blood all over his face and Molly taking care of him. As you approached, tears started to slowly build up in your eyes, but you had to be strong for him. 

"How you feeling Georgie?" His identical twin brother asked him

"Saint-like" George responded. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. He must've got hit hard in the head, you thought. 

Fred was apparently thinking the same thing, asking: "Come again?"

"Saint-like... I'm holy... I'm holey, Fred, get it?" George said pointing his finger at were his ear used to be. 

You, Fred and Molly began to smile instantly, being so relieved that he was still cracking jokes.

"The whole wide world of ear related humour and you go for I'm holey.... That's pathetic!" Fred said laughing. 

"Reckon I'm still better looking than you." George quickly responded.

"Yes you are" I smiled and gave him a peck on his cheek. 

"Oh how dare you?!" Fred said, acting like he was greatly offended.

The three of us laughed but the mood was quickly changed when Bill came in the room, announcing that Mad-Eye was dead because Mundungus Fletcher took one look at Voldemort and disapparated, leaving Voldemort performing the killing curse on Mad-Eye. 

Soon it was night-time and everyone went to bed. But not you. Since George was still too weak to be able to stand up and walk around properly, he crashed on the couch for the night. He told you you could sleep upstairs. But you simply couldn't leave him on his own now. So you cuddled up next to him on the couch. There was very little room but you didn't mind. You started stroking George's now even redder hair. 

"I could've lost you tonight, you know." you said softly, starting to feel the tears well up again.

"Oh come on babe, it was Snape, he couldn't stop me at Hogwarts and he couldn't stop me now. The fact he can compete with me is hilarious. Maybe even funnier than my ear joke." He said, wiping tears from your cheeks.

You chuckled: "I have to agree with Fred there, gorgeous, that joke was quite pathetic..."

He gave you an offended look, you chuckled again. It didn't take him long to give in and start laughing as well. You had that effect on him. The both of you spent the rest of the night cracking jokes and just enjoying each other's company. You found yourself falling in love with him over again.