//1//

finn walked the halls of the mall with his best friends jack and jaeden by his side.

"you know, we could find so many hot girls in this mall." jaeden chuckled to his curly haired friends.

the three had been best friends since 2010 when they all went to a film festival. the three were working on three separate films, but somehow made connections, and had been best friends ever since.

"yeah okay, but why search for hot girls when we can just eat?" jack laughed to himself, his best friends ignoring his comment.

finn wasn't really in the mindset to find girls. he just wanted to have a good time with his friend. the one downside to these two was that they never wanted to talk. like actually talk. finn always wanted to talk about his passion, film making, but the other two just wanted to be boys. they weren't interested in having an actual conversation.

maybe that's the reason they can't get a date.

"i haven't had a date in months." jaeden whined. "i just wanna find some cute girl and see if i can get her number. come on guys. you gotta help me out."

"jae, if you want a girls number, you have to get it yourself." finn said as they passed the vans store. the store smelled of new shoes, and different body sprays from the different kinds of people that were in there. "hey can we go in here?"

"i mean, sure? i think i see someone in there." jaeden says, fixing his hair before heading in, receiving an eye roll from jack, who followed closely behind.

suddenly as the three walked into the store, finn was faced with a girl. the girl had beautiful red locks that fell to the middle of her chest and blue eyes, like the sea.

"hi! i'm sadie. do you need any help finding something today?" the girl politely asked.

"i think we're good. thanks though." jack said, smiling at the girl and walking away.

"i was actually wondering where i could find these red checkered vans? i've been wanting them for a while but haven't been able to find them in the store. might you have them in stock today?" finn asked, showing a slight smile.

"we actually do have them in stock, right over here!" sadie says, leading finn to where they are.

"thanks so much." finn smiled as he grabs the vans he's been looking for.

"hey." jaeden speaks, as he walks up to a different red haired girl. this girl happens to have shorter hair and green eyes instead of the beautiful blue that sadie had.

"hi?" the girl spoke, confusion coming through her voice as the boy approached her.

"i was just wondering if i could have your number? i saw you across the store and just couldn't take my eyes off of you." jaeden spoke, attempting to be smooth. you could hear jack laugh at his best friend totally striking out from the opposite side of the store, receiving a sharp look from jaeden.

"sure." the girl smiled lightly as she wrote her number down on a gum wrapper she pulled from her purse. "i'm sophia by the way."

"thanks, sophia. i'm jaeden." jaeden smiled as he walked back to his best friends, feeling accomplished. the two other boys rolled their eyes as they laughed while looking at the number that jaeden flashed in their faces.

once finn checked out, the three began to get a bit hungry.

"i'm hungry. where should we go?" jack asked.

"wherever works for me. i just want food." finn chuckled.

"maybe i can get another girls number." jaeden smiled proudly.

"just because you got one girls number, doesn't make you the slickest person around, you know that right?" jack taunted jaeden.

"how 'bout here?" finn asked, ignoring jack and jaeden's stupid bickering.

"orange julius?" jack questioned. "what do they even have here?"

"some halfassed smoothies is what they have." jaeden scoffed.

"they may be halfassed, but they're pretty damn good if you ask me." finn smiled as he got in line. as the three boys stood 3 people back, finn couldn't help but notice the girl at the register. as she put in the people's orders, and begin to make them as she switched with the other boy working there. the boy's nametag read 'noah', but the girl's had been rubbed off. as if she had been working there for a while.

finn had been too focused on the girl that he didn't even notice that all three people in front of him had finished ordering. "hello?" noah spoke to finn.

"oh, sorry." finn said. "can i just get an original orange julius?" his gaze slowly shifted off of noah again to the girl, who quickly added the ingredients to each blender and waiting for them to blend. she suddenly looked up, her caramel brown eyes, looking into his as she gave him a small smile and proceeded to her work.

"and you guys?" noah asked jaeden and jack.

"we'll just have the same i guess." jaeden said.

"that'll be ten dollars." noah smiled.

"ten dollars for a couple of halfassed smoothies?" jack laughed.

"halfassed? i'll have you know that millie and i are some of the best smoothie makers ever so don't even come at me like that." noah joked.

millie.

the name replayed in finn's head over and over. something about this millie intrigued him. he didn't know if it was because she seemed to committed to making these halfassed smoothies, or if it was just her beauty, but something about her intrigued him.

-

"do you think it's too soon to call the girl from the vans store?" jaeden worried as they all sat on his bed on their phones.

"no, i think it's been the perfect amount of time." jack said, as he made eye contact with finn. the two knew exactly what was going on.

"okay i'm gonna call her." jaeden smiled as he punched the girl's number into his phone.

you have reached the rejection hotline. the person who's number you tried to get is obviously not interested, and you should just stop trying. goodbye, and happy rejection day!

the number suddenly hung up, causing finn and jack to bust out into a fit of laughter.

"you got...rejected!" the two cheered at the same time, taunting their friend.

"shut up before i kick both of your asses." jaeden scoffed as the boy's laughter slowed down.

"i shouldn't be laughing. i've gotten that number like a million times." jack chuckled.

a million.

millie.

the name continued to ring in his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oooooooh how'd ya like that??

xoxo- mayaaa