//2//

finn paced his room, thinking about the girl. the girl who somehow made making smoothies look like the cutest thing someone could ever do.

but he barely knew the girl.

and he'd never see her again.

but millie.

millie. honestly the cutest name that the curly haired boy could think of. in the past 3 years of highschool, he had never seen a girl that infatuated him more than this one. she hadn't done one thing in particular that stood out. she hadn't even spoken to him for that matter. but something was different about this girl. a good different.

he wanted to know more about her; but it's not like she would be there the next time he goes to the mall. plus, it's just a food court job. it's an easy summer job for teenagers. there must've been tons of teens filling out applications for just one job. no way would he ever see her again.

i have to face it. what's the point of obsessing over someone i'm never gonna see again? finn thought to himself, trying to push her image out of his head; but alas, all he could see was her face, her hair pulled back into a small bun, with two strands of hair on the side to frame her face, and the visor that she had to wear.

company policy.

the thought of her made the edges of his lips curl with happiness.

stop.

get out of my head.

i'm never gonna see her again.

get out of my head.

finn thought to himself, his mind racing at 100 miles per second.

suddenly, an unbeknownst force abruptly made him stand up. the curly haired boy trotted down the stairs, his raven colored curls bouncing with every step.

-

millie, noah, and sadie hopped in the car, ready for their next day of work; noah being at the wheel and millie in the passenger's seat, applying makeup, and sadie in the back, texting her boyfriend, caleb.

"mills, you've been acting weird since yesterday." noah complained, worried for his best friend.

"no i haven't." the short haired girl quickly denied, her british accent coming through quite prominently. it happens often when she's defensive.

when she's hiding something.

"millie, you really think you can hide something from me? newsflash: you can't. i'm your best friend. i can tell when you're lying about a-ny-thing." noah laughed to himself.

"you have been acting kinda weir-" sadie interrupted, looking up from her phone.

"nothing is going on with me, noah! sadie, you're supposed to be on my side. i don't understand why you think i'm constantly hiding something." millie whined.

"the only time that you ever hide something from me is when it's about a boy. you think i'm that dumb? it first happened with jacob saggytits, then romehoe, and now someone new. i'm not blind you know." noah taunted, teasing the girl about a possible new crush.

millie stayed silent, causing noah to look at her with raised eyebrows.

"i'm not gonna talk about it." millie blurts through a huge blush appearing on her face.

"alright." noah rolls his eyes as he turns up the radio.

"someone's got a crushhhh." sadie sang from the back seat, causing millie's head to snap back, giving her other best friend a death stare.

so i won't hesitate no more, no more

it cannot wait, i'm sure

there's no need to complicate

our time is short

this is our fate, i'm yours

the radio played, as the three pulled into the mall parking garage. as millie stepped out of her car, she tied on her apron and slipped on her visor, adjusting her hair to fit with it. as millie and noah headed up to their job, sadie headed to hers.

once millie got to the food court, she was faced with a ton of people staring her down for unknown reasons but it made her anxiety worse. she began to fidget with the ring that she had gotten from her mother before she passed away.

millie had a very strong relationship with her mom. she was always the one to comfort her. when she went through her first breakup with romeo beckham, her mom bought her a ring with a beautiful band that twisted around itself, following by a small diamond in the middle. she told her to 'never loose that sparkle because one day, the right guy will come around and sweep you off of your feet.'

she spun the ring around her finger as she felt a comforting hand touch her shoulder.

"you ok?" noah asked.

"yeah i'm fine. i don't know what caused that." millie replied, not quite understanding the reason for another anxiety attack.

"it's ok." noah smiled. "it's gonna be ok."

millie smiled back at him as they stepped behind the counter at orange julius and waited for the first customer.

-

"hi i'm noah, what can i get started for you?" the boy asked, a smile on his face.

"hey can i get a strawberry julius thing?" the guy asked of noah, while looking down at his phone, his hat hiding his face.

"sure." noah said, scrunching his nose at the definite scent f-boy cologne, and bad customer quality. "that'll be $4.50." suddenly, the guy looked up, making eye contact with noah. noah's face burned with anger when he saw who it was.

"actually, no you can't. you can go get something somewhere else, but your presence isn't welcome here. we're allowed to refuse service to any customer that does us disgrace and you've certainly done that. so if you don't mind, move to the side, saggytits." noah said quietly to jacob who happened to be standing in front of him. jacob scoffed as he walked away.

"mills can you take over for a second? i'll make the smoothies." noah asked of his best friend. millie nodded and moved over to the cash register.

"hi, i'm millie! what can-" she stops when she is faced with the same tall, curly haired boy from yesterday.

he does the same when he realizes who he's talking to.

"i like your accent." finn chuckled lightly out of nervousness. he didn't even understand why he showed up, and how it just so happened to be on the same day as she was working.

"thank you." she smiled cheekily. "what can i get for you?" the girl said, her cheeks burning a crimson red as the boy with the freckles made eye contact with her.

"i'll- i'll just have an original orange julius." finn smiled at the girl.

"booring." millie said, making a small attempt at flirting with the boy.

"oh really?" finn laughed, seeing the girl nodding in response. "fine then. i'll try a strawberry julius." he smiled at the british girl in front of him.

"ok, can i get a name?"

"you guys don't usually ask me for that." finn laughed.

"can i get a name?" the girl smiled.

"finn." he smiled, his gaze burning into her eyes.

finn.