Chapter 6

Sorry if it's short but, I wanted to get it out here. (: Soo,

Vote, Fan, Comment, SMILE <33 :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jerked slightly, still half asleep. I rolled over and clutched at a pillow, surprised when I fell to the ground. From the recliner across the room, a chuckle arose. I lifted my face from the carpet.
"Nice landing." Leo said, smiling. The light from the window slanted across his cheeks, giving his beautiful eyes a shine. I lifted myself from the beige carpet, trying to keep what was left of my dignity. A thought hit me. Why was he in my house? Answering my silent question Leo spoke.
"You fell asleep last night while I was here and it's wrong to leave a lady alone at night." I was about to remind him that I would be alone tonight too, but caught myself. I was falling too quickly into his trap. I grabbed his hand , ignoring the sparks, and yanked him out of the chair, steering him towards the door. I threw it open and shoved him onto the porch. I grabbed the handle and swung it shut, being to jumpy to feel rude.
"Bi-polar much? You practically threw yourself at me last night." His muffled words reached my ears and I scowled.
"I mean, is this any way to treat a guy you slept with?" The way he emphasized slept made a silent growl rumble my lips and blush heat my cheeks. I pulled a slip of paper from the drawer and grabbed a sharpie, scribbling GO AWAY! Hoping to convey all my feelings into those two simple words. I slipped it under my front door and waited as he read it. He scoffed and choked on a chuckle.
"If you want." That easy? I heard his footsteps fade and his car start before it too, faded into the distance. At that moment I realized I didn't want him to go. Even though he was being an idiot, this house seemed too big and unfamiliar to be in by myself. I threw the door open but, it was too late. The porch was empty and in his place was a single red hibiscus. I lifted the flower and inhaled the smell of outside, freedom. So sweet. I looked across our yard, smiling at the sun's rays gleaming across it. Like every blade of grass was alive and on fire. I skipped up the stairs and changed into a pair of shorts and a tee shirt.
I drank a glass of O.j. and stepped into the backyard. It was long and wide, spreading a healthy green glow in every direction. There were bright flowers poking up from the soft grass. Feeling extremely airy I laid on the ground, sighing. The sun warmed my arms and legs, providing a overwhelming sense of safety. Red danced across my closed eyelids and the wind played in my hair. That's all I thought about. This moment. This place in time. I took a picture and saved the feelings. The soft earth beneath my fingers, breeze across my face, sun soaking in deeper than my skin.
I barely noticed when a soft click changed the calm silence. Now it was eerie. Holding it's breath and standing on it's tip-toes, gliding around my mind. I opened my eyes and squinted against the light until a shadow fell across my face. I sucked in a breath when I realized Leo loomed over me. In a different pair of clothes? Wasn't he gone for only like.. a half an hour? How long have I been out here? Leo dropped down next to me and smiled with a hundred watts.
"Miss me?" I rolled my eyes, acting as if I hadn't. He now laid down next to me and looked over, our faces dangerously close. The light was in his eyes giving them a blue-green hue that was breath-taking. I looked away and back at the clouds hovering in the sky.
"I knew it." He said smugly, copying my position. After a few minutes of a welcomed silence, Leo spoke again.
"It's beautiful isn't it?" I was thrown back in time at his words. The first time we met. Sitting on swings in the park. Without me knowing it, a smile took hold of my lips.
"Whatcha smiling at, weirdo?" Leo teased. I glared at him playfully, which was returned with an innocent smile. Hours went by, we sat outside, pointing at clouds and Leo talking. He got tired of me not answering so he walked inside and came back out with my board seconds later. The romantic deep inside me 'Awwhh'd and I smiled in thanks. We talked, I wrote, about many things. Sometime during our discussion his hand had reached over for mine and there was a soft humming in my mind.
The sun was beginning to set now, casting an orange tint everywhere.
"Shall we go in?" He asked, pulling me up with him. I nodded and led him inside, still holding his hand. When I noticed, I dropped it, blushing. My stomach led me toward the kitchen, growling. I got out all the necessary tools and cooked us a lovely grilled cheese dinner.
"A fine choice, ma'lady." Leo complimented, watching as I cooked. I gave a silent laugh and finished up, setting the plates on the table. I scarfed mine down, too hungry to feel like a pig. He watched me in amusement, finishing seconds after me.
"T.V.?" I snatched my board. Lead the way. He read it, a sly smile on his lips. I plopped down on the couch next to him watching as he flipped through the channels.
"Boring , Boring , Boring." He commented as he flickered through the channels. I jabbed him in the ribs with my finger, annoyed. Surprised though, when he let out a involuntary chuckle. I raised my eyebrow.
"Cora Elizabeth Markings, don't you dare." He said in his deep, attractive voice. I shrugged and looked at the T.v. The exact second he relaxed, I attacked. I pushed his back into the couch and jabbed his sides, smirking. His rich laugh echoed off the walls and his eyes watered.
"Cora, Cora! Stop. Pleeeaassee!" He begged, I let up. As soon as I did, he recoiled. My back hit the couch and he loomed over me again.
"Sweet revenge." Leo chortled and ran his fingers over my ribs. I held in my silent laughter and refused to react. When I did though, the world seemed to stop. Leo didn't move and I was near tears.
Because when I finally couldn't hold in the silent laughter that would make everything awkward, it burst out and wasn't silent. I stopped breathing and Leo's eyes were wide and in complete and total awe at the sound.

I giggled.