Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Rudy didn't take Kelly home straight away though. There was a chance whoever was following her was still out there. he might have been overreacting but by how shaken up Kelly was, he wasn't takign the chance.

He steered her into Rick's Diner where they were greeted by a pink uniform and feigned perkiness. Rudy almost laughed like he usually did when he saw her in work-mode.

"Hi! Welcome to Rick's D- Rudy!" Rosie beamed at him then frowned at Kelly slightly, while Kelly frowned up at Rudy. He ignored both of them. "Table for two?"

"Make it a booth."

Rosie took them to a booth, handing them menus, giving Rudy a scrutinizing look, as they slid into a seat across from one another." So... What brings you down here?"

"None of your business," Rudy replied quickly, scanning the menu even though he knew what he was ordering before he entered the place.

He got whacked on the head.

"I'm your sister. You're always my business."

"Oh your sister!" Kelly exclaimed, coming out from slightly observing the two."I see it now, except she's much prettier."

Rosie's eyes glittered as she smiled. "Oh I like you, where'd you pick up this one, Rude?"

"That's Kelly," he grumbled at her.

"Kelly! I've heard so much about you, it lovely to meet you. Especially those who like to make his life a living hell when I'm not around to do so myself."

"It's a pleasure."

Rudy tuned out the two as they gushed to one another of how they like to torture him mentally and pulled out his phone, not forgetting for a second that Miles was supposed to be meeting him later that night after his, shift.

To Miles: Come to Rick's Diner.

Miles had been coming over to Rudy's almost very other day now, playing with Legolas and watching films and discussing every fandom in extreme detail to Rudy until Rosie came home. If Rudy didn't know any better he'd think Miles was almost keeping him company.

From Miles: On my way, Sampson :) we really need to work on your "please" and "thank you"s btw.

"He's texting him right now, look at him. Besotted as hell."

"How do you know?"

"He doesn't exactly have any other friends."

"True. I don't even have his number."

"I'll give you mine and then I'll give you his."

"Awesome."

Rudy glared at both of them." Are you even allowed to be sitting down while you working?" Rosie was now comfortably sitting next to Kelly, their faces looking disturbingly like one another as they smiled at Rudy.

"Shut up, Rudy. My boss loves me."

Rudy furrows his eyes together, remembering the last boss that held more than the required employee-employer relationship.

Creep.

"No not like that Rudy, hell. You fixed that for me already."

Kelly groaned, as if in distress as she slunk onto the table a little, lookign at him."So you save a lot of girls in distress? Man, it sucks that you are gay."

"Why? What's happened?"

Kelly seemed all but happy to share to Rosie about the guy that had been following her on the way home that she had ran all the way back to the store, also her suspicions about her missing stuff.