Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Rudy had four seconds of absolute terror after he took two of absolute bliss when his lips met Miles'. For a moment he thought that he's misread the situation, that Miles didn't want to be kissed and that he'd fucked everything up.

He lay his lips there, his brain about to overload with dread and embarrassment when Miles made this noise. He literally shivered from head to toe and moaned, moaned right into Rudy's mouth, pressing them closer and unlatching his hands from the hat on top of his head to slide up and around his neck, pulling them closer still and sighing into it, as if he was saying finally into Rudy's very soul.

And the whole world shifted, the stars were too bright behind his eyes and his brain felt like it had melted. His hands found their own way around Miles' waist and his head tilted into the kiss.

Rudy didn't know how long they stayed that way, clinging onto one another as if their lives depended on it but he knew that there was nothing more satisfying and exhilarating than seeing Miles' face once they parted.

His eyes were glazed over, his hair fuzzy from where Rudy's hands moved up to, but there was a hint of uncharted excitement, of pure happiness behind those fazed eyes. And then there was a grin, a grin that lit up Mile' whole face that conveyed so much that everything Rudy had feared as soon as they detached melted away with his already goo of a brain. He didn't even register grinning back until Miles pulled him down again into a chaste kiss before hastily saying goodbye and hurrying off into his building, leaving Rudy to get himself together outside with the lingering taste of coffee on his lips.

~*~

Rudy hardly got any sleep that night, tossing and turning and smelling the bitter scent of coffee under his nose.

He came into work dishevelled, bags under his eyes and his hair slightly wilted under his hat. Kelly was on the other side of the back door, a frown on her face

"Some more of my stuff is missing," she said without turning away from her locker.

"Then you should tell Mr. Archer," he replied tiredly, opening his locker with a loud creak and flung his keys in with a metallic clatter and uncaring attitude as he yawned then shucked off his denim jacket to fling in too.

She pursed her lips. And Rudy sighed, "At least tell Mark then."

"Tell me what?"

Both of them jumped, spinning around so fast to find Mark standing there, brush and shovel in hand. He shrugged," some toddler set the beads loose in a bracelet set." he explained, waving the brush handle slightly,"tell me what?" he repeated.

Rudy left as Kelly started to mumbled and splutter, making his way to the store door before he became anymore involved than he was.

"Oh Rudy!"Mark called out just before he reached it," Miles is being a bit weird today, don't tell me you guys have stopped talking again."

Kelly opened her mouth to contribute and Rudy was so out of there. he scrambled out of the door just as Kelly shrieked his name. She didn't follow, so he assumed he was safe.

Out of one fire and into another, he spotted Miles at the counter and the blood drained from his face and his palmed felt suddely slick in his fists.

Miles looked up as he approached, just before Rudy noticed that he was twiddling his fingers and chewing at his lips. He smiled nervously but brightly and all Rudy's fears melted away.

Rudy took his place and tried to breathe normally, his fingers twitching to reach out now that they knew what it felt like curled up behind his back, what his neck felt like under his finger tips. What his lips felt like on his.

"I think we should talk?"

What right now? Rudy eyed a customer edging towards the counter with items piling in their hands. Miles was battling on though, trying to charge through his nerves and get it all out.

"I mean, uh, okay, here, we go," he breathed in deep, clucthing the counter slightly."So do you- is this...?" He indicated between them both awkwardly.

Rudy doesn't understand what Miles is talking about for a second, he stares at Miles trying to make sense of it. By the time it comes to him, Miles has lowered his head and started to look to the customer with a long, miserable face and shiny eyes when Rudy starts to nod, and then nod more until he is resembling one of the bobble heads on the end of the pink fluffy pens in the £1 jar next to him and he stayed like that until Miles turned to him after the lady he was serving couldn't help but stare at the strange boy.

Miles didn't though, he looked up at Rudy, probably caught the vigorous movement at the corner of his eye. Rudy was still bobbing like a lunatic.

Miles didn't care though, he lit up like a Christmas tree, his eyes as bright as it's branches, his cheeks as red at the baubles. "Really?" He exclaimed, customer ignored by both boys. Kelly could be seen hiding behind a book rack, Mark beside her and Lysnday glaring at all four of them. "Like really?"

"Yes," Rudy managed to croak out. Nothing could be more important than this moment, not ever, he thought.

And it couldn't be. Nothing could ever compare to what he felt right now as he looked at Miles - it just couldn't.

"I thought- I dunno. I just uh, thought I was imagining it all really. Like, i thought there was no way a guy like you could ever-"

"A guy like me?"

Miles turned even more red."I mean- uh. You are- shit. Look at you!" He sort of squeaks incredulously and indicates with a wave of his hand to Rudy's whole person."you do own a mirror right? You are like seriously, uh... Very, erm..."

Rudy doesn't quite know what to do with himself.

Miles laughed a little,"don't look so shocked, McBroody."

Rudy wants to kiss him silly, he probably would have to, kiss that stupid grin off him if it wasn't for the customer clearing her throat and looking pointedly at her things. Miles had the grace to blush, Rudy just glared at her, like she was in the wrong. Lyndsay was too busy shouting at Mark and Kelly in the corner of the store for not doing their job to hound the two till boys for bringing love first before work.

Didn't matter later when Kelly purposely strode into the toilet, that Rudy forgot to lock, and caught the both of them all over each other- not even looking the slightest bit guilty or shameful as she squawked in delight before running to Mark demanding he owned her money.

Rudy just went back to latching his lips on Miles, not giving a damn and by Miles response, neither did he.

a/n: I know what hell is, and it was this chapter. It would be longer but I had/have such a busy week -.- WICKED TOMORROW OMG SOMEONE HOLD ME and then work kill me now

please remember to comment & vote. It gives me life.