Homesick

This chapter contains mature content so read at your own risk.

I woke up at around 6:00 am, Julian wasn't in bed.

For a second I didn't remember where I was panicking, I started to worry. It's like the walls were caving in. My chest was tightening. I couldn't stop crying.

It's like Julian knew something was wrong, he came in the room and saw that I wasn't okay.

He came and sat on the bed, he placed my head on his lap.

He was stroking my hair.

I was starting to calm down.

Whenever, Julian was around I felt calm, he helps to reduce my anxiety.

"What's wrong babe?", he asked as he stroked my hair.

"I don't know.", I replied.

"You can talk to me, you know that right?", he said with a worried tone.

"Yeah...", I replied.

We laid together for about 30 minutes until Karen called us for breakfast.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth and went downstairs.

We all greeted each other. I decided to help Karen set the table.

We all sat and ate.

They were all so happy, they were talking about school, work and other stuff regular families would talk about.

"I'm so jealous, why couldn't I have such a good family?, maybe I'm the problem.", I thought.

After breakfast I went to the backyard where Paul was fixing his car. I didn't know much about cars but I could pass a wrench or vice grip when he needed it.

I spoke to Paul and I realized he was a very nice guy. He kept asking if I'm okay and if Julian is treating me well.

After fixing the car with Paul I sat in the living room and was watching TV.

Alex walked in and sat beside me. He then dipped is hands in my popcorn.

"What are you watching?", he asked with his attention fixed on the TV.

"I'm watching the kissing booth.", I replied.

He started to laugh.

"What?", I asked.

"There wasn't much kissing at your booth last night.", he said as he was chuckling.

"What do you mean?" , I asked.

"Well, I sleep next door to Julian and ... I heard a lot last night.", he said with a mischievous grin.

"I hate you, you know that right?", I said to Alex.

"I know but you have to tolerate me, we're brothers now.", he said as we both broke out in laughter.

Alex and I spent the rest of the movie eating popcorn and telling each other how much we hate each other.

Alex is such a great guy, he's the brother I wish I had. He was an asshole but in a good way. He was a perfect mix of a good older brother who's overprotective and cared and a jock who was an asshole all the time.

It's impossible to hate this guy. He has the best jokes, the best comebacks in arguments and always had some smart ass comment.

"Hey Alex, you meant that?", I asked

"Meant what?", he asked with his mouth full of popcorn

."that we're like brothers.", I said

"Yeah, you're my brothers boyfriend hence you're my brother.", he said with his attention fixed on the TV.