Chapter 9

N I A L L

"You nervous?" I asked Amy as we drove towards my parents' house.

"A little bit." She replied.

"Don't be." I said and smiled at her before looking back on the road. "I bet they'll take this in a good way."

"I hope so too." She said. She looked behind her for a second before turning back. "Darcy is asleep."

"How can she even fall asleep so fast?" I asked.

"Maybe she just likes to sleep?" She replied just as I pulled up the driveway to my parents' house. We got out of the car and Amy unbuckled Darcy from her seat without waking her up.

"I'll carry her." I said. Amy nodded and handed me Darcy. I let her rest her head on my shoulder as I held her under her tiny little butt.

"Are you sure they won't be mad?" Amy asked.

"They won't be. I promise." I assured her. We walked up to the door and headed inside. "Mum, Dad. I'm home." I said and Mum and Dad turned their heads around. They sat on the couch watching TV, like they always do.

"Already? It's just been, like, 30 minutes." Dad said.

"I just wanna tell you guys something." I said looking at my feet. I handed Darcy to Amy and ignored the weird looks Mum gave Darcy. She was asleep, so I'm happy she couldn't see them. "Can you promise not to be mad? If you'll get mad, then be mad at me. Not Amy."

"Why should we be mad?" Dad asked.

"Just promise me not to get mad." I said.

"I can't promise anything." Mum said. I huffed a 'fine' and looked at Amy. She nodded her head wanting me to tell them.

"When Amy was here yesterday, and we was up in my room, she told me something." I paused. "Mum, Dad, I have a daughter."

"You what?!" Mum yelled.

"Mum, please calm down." I said.

"And you kept it as a secret for him?!" She then yelled at Amy. Darcy was now awake, and she was crying. "How could you be so irrespinsible and not tell the father of your child that you were having his daughter?!" I could see a few tears running down Amy's cheek.

"Mum, please.. You're making both of them cry." I said while putting my arm around Amy and rubbing her arm.

"I don't care." Mum snapped. "Get both of them out right now." She said. Amy got out of my grip and ran out the door with Darcy in her hands.

"Look what you've done." I told my Mum coldly. I turned around slowly and the headed outside. Amy was placing Darcy in her car seat, so I walked up to her.

"Are you okay?" I asked as she closed the car door. She turned to me, and I saw loads of tears running down her face. I quickly wrapped my arms around her and stroke her hair. "It's gonna be alright, Amy."

"Your Mum hates me.." She sobbed.

"No, she doesn't." I said. "She was just in shock, okay?"

"Didn't you see how mad she was?" She said while pulling herself away from me.

"I saw, but.. We can get through this together." I said while grabbing her hand. She just pulled her hand away and opened her car door.

"I think it's best if we don't see each other anymore." She said. She sat in her car still not closing her door. "I'm only doing this because it's the best for Darcy. It has nothing with you to do." Then she closed her car door, started the engine and drove away.

A M Y

The whole car ride, both Darcy and I were crying. I didn't wanna leave Niall this way, and it hurted me to see him like that.

I have to admit, I've been starting to fall for him again, and now everything is just a big blurr. I never really realised I've started to fall for him again, but seeing him care about me and Darcy so much made me realise.

He's been here for me these last two days, and I'm so grateful for it. He makes Darcy happy, therefore he makes me happy.

It's weird how he got me to trust him in only two days. Just three days ago, I would cry if I just heard his voice. But when I saw his interview yesterday, I didn't cry or get sad.

By now, we were already home. I got out of the car and unbuckled Darcy from her seat. She had stopped crying, but she still had fresh tears on her cheeks. I picked her up from her seat and carried her inside.

Tahlia sat on the couch with some guy I bet was Alex. I only saw them from the back, but I don't think Tahlia would cheat, so it's probably Alex. When I closed the door, both heads turned towards me.

And guess what? It wasn't Alex. It was Jason. "Jason, what are you doing here?"

"Amy, hey, we thought you wouldn't be home before later?" He tried making up something to get away from that topic.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again. He looked at Tahlia and she nodded.

"Tahlia and I have been dating for a three months now. She broke up with Alex the day  before we got together, and she was heartbroken. We were skyping each other when I told her what I felt for her, and then she said she felt the same. We didn't wanna tell you because we thought you wouldn't like it."

"Why didn't you tell me you broke up with Alex?" I asked Tahlia.

"I just didn't feel like talking about it." She replied. "And I told Jason because I've had a crush on him for a while now."

"He's three years older than you." I said.

"I don't care. Age is just a word." She said.

"Whatever." I said. "I'm gonna ask Mum is she can take care of Darcy for some days. I've had a tough day."

--------------------------------

Again; Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes!

I think I'll write another chapter right now, so it'll probably come one very soon.

- Sarah xx