Beware the Mark Beaks! part 2

"You were at the Bin, why didn't you grab the dime?" Magica yelled at me. I gritted my teeth.

"I've told you before, make Lena do it!" Her hand reached out and grabbed my neck.

"You're not even trying anymore are you? I can send you back." I felt my throat begin to tighten. She was clenching her fingers around my throat. I woke up to my phone buzzing.

I coughed and rubbed my throat and forgot all about the thing that woke me up. I showered and started getting ready for the day. I noticed the bruises on my throat.

She really had been strangling me. I put on some makeup and a shirt with a collar to try to hide it. I tucked the USB necklace in the shirt. I hadn't taken it off since I found it. I didn't know if I had the right to watch it.

I grabbed my phone and ran down the hall to meet up with Dewey. I was informed by his brothers that he had spent the night with Launchpad.

When I finally found them in the city they told me how they had snuck into the lab and asked for Fenton's help on the test drive.

We got out of the limo and Fenton started writing on sticky notes. He stuck them all over the windshield and explained all of them several times. We arrived at the track at nine and the race wasn't till noon. Scrooge spent the time looking over every inch of the track. I finally checked the notification that had woke me up this morning.

*One follow request from Walk_This_Way*

"Seriously?" I denied and posted a picture of the course.

*Can't wait to beat that trash BUBBY BOT! @MarkBeakes #TEAMLAUNCHPAD!!!*

He didn't reply of course. At eleven fifty-nine Beaks' car appeared. He got out and walked to the start line. His confidence was annoying.

"Welcome to the Waddle test track! Time for the ultimate contest between man and machine. First one around the block wins," Beaks announced.

"Don't worry Mr. McD. I've got this." Launchpad said to Scrooge who had walked up to him.

"Lad beat this bionic bag out there and I can probably talk Beaks into a discount when I buy a fleet of them. Anyway, good luck." He patted the car and walked off. I know he didn't mean to hurt him. I gave him a small sad smile.

"Hey, you're the best personal driver I've ever had. You've got this." Dewey offered words of encouragement.

"Follow these tips and you have a 51% chance of winning and whatever you do play it safe and don't crash," Fenton said. I shook my head at them.

"Wait, don't crash?" I shook my head.

(Ugh.)

"Go Launchpad," I cheered from the slide line. He gave me a worried smile and a thumbs up.

"Racers to your marks. Get set. Pow pow pow." He made gun noises. No one moved. The bot and LP looked at each other. "That means go."

The computer shot off and Launchpad didn't move. Beaks looked down at his phone quickly then back over at me.

*Ding*

I held up my phone where he could see me click denied. He held his chest like he was hurt.

*Ding**Ding**Ding**Ding**Ding**Ding**Ding**Ding*

My phone went off like crazy.

(What is he doing?)

He had spammed the 'request to follow' button. I turned the phone off and tried to watch Launchpad, who was now wearing skates. He crashed the car, of course. The wheels came off the skates.