The Shadow War!

"Ahhh!" Webby screamed and hugged me instinctively and I shielded her. It only lasted a moment before she pulled away. "Alright, do you have a plan?"

"First things first. We have to get out of here," Lena said, kicking the bars. Webby gave them a good punch.

I stared at the girls. If I was being honest with myself, I was not prepared for Magica's return. If we were on script everyone would be safe in the houseboat. Donald would be coming up with a daring rescue mission for Mr. McDuck. I would prefer that a lot more right now. Instead, everyone was locked in the house with a crazy witch. Our only hope was the fact that the Dark Eclipse didn't actually start until tomorrow morning. I pulled out my phone. Well, today.

(Midnight! How did it get so late?)

"Dang, no bars." I shoved the thing back into my pocket and watched Webby give one last tug on the bars.

"Nothing's working," she said with a swift kick, which she regretted. "Ow!"

"Yeah, and no phone service either," I sighed.

"Well, I could've told you that. This far underground, we might as well be buried alive," Lena said, plopping to the ground.

Webby wiped her forehead, and her bracelet caught my attention. I glanced down at mine. I hadn't taken the rainbow thing off since she gave it to me. It had been a little more than a week now, but I still remember the feeling it had given me the power.

"I have an idea. Do you still have the Diamond Blade?" I put my hand out, asking for it.

"Uh, uh. Why?" Webby nodded and seemed confused but she handed me the blade.

I didn't know it would work, but I had faith that if it could work, it would. I slid the hilt under the band on my wrist. It made it awkward to hold but 'the price you pay' or something like that.

"What are you doing?" Lena asked, looking over my shoulder.

"Concentrating," was all I said.

The bracelet started to glow and I sliced at the bars. A deep gash appeared in the ones I hit.

"How did you do that?" Webby asked in awe.

"The friendship bracelets," Lena said with a gasp.

"Diamond can cut through any normal object, so I figured a magic Diamond," I shrugged to finish the sentence.

We exchanged smiles, and I swung again. This time some of the magic pink bars dissolved making a hole the size of my fist. After swinging seven more times the hole was big enough for all of us to get out.

"Nice work, ____!" Webby cheered.

"Come on guys let's get going!" Lena pulled us towards the stairs. I could tell from Lena's face that this wasn't the only thing her Aunt was going to throw at us.

"Wait, how do we know we can trust you?" Webby didn't budge at the tugging. She was clearly heartbroken.

"Webby do you think Magica would have trapped her if they were working together?" Webby considered my words.

"Okay, but I'm still watching you!" She pointed at Lena's eyes with two fingers then her own eyes.

We ran up the spiral staircase in back towards the small opening in the garage wall, where we found Huey, Dewey, and Louie staring at us as we stepped out of the painting.

"You're safe!" I screamed as we approached them.

"We're stuck," Louie corrected with a nod at the door.

"Yeah! This witch person lady used magic to lock us in here!" Huey gave a better explanation.

"And there was a bear and then there was an earthquake," Dewey added.