Hold Up, Rewind, Repeat!

A/N: I think this explains some stuff that has/will happen. Enjoy! : )

Scrooge's POV:

He held the time device that ______ gave him on his birthday. He had spent more time looking at it than he did watching the video of Della. He did that because he didn't want to chance anyone, even Beakley? seeing the video. The device looked like a clock and it seemed to be counting down to something any day now. There was a knock on the door. Hastily he shoved the thing back into his desk spilling papers. One gracefully found its way to the floor and he grumbled and went to reach for it.

"Scrooge?" ____ didn't say his first name much. Instinctively he popped his head up and hit it the bottom of the desk.

"Ow." He rubbed his head and got to his feet.

"Why were you under the table?" He flashed her the paper he was holding.

"I was lookin' for this. It's the financial report for," he realized what stack he had knocked over stopped talking. He also turned the paper back around.

"Isn't that the boys' birthday?"

He noticed she didn't mean to say that. He hadn't meant for his face to harden or for her to see it but she did. She saw everything about him like Goldie. They both always had. It was infuriating. He couldn't hide his true feelings or thoughts from the only two people that mattered. He sighed and nodded, wanting to say something but she spoke first.

"The boys are planning on getting all the documents shredded that week from the Bin." He felt his eyes grow wide and it took him a moment to process what she said.

"Where would they get an idea like that?" He wasn't accusing her per se but she did have a habit of being more than helpful when she had information she could share.

"They are looking into the Spear of Selene." He flinched at that. He hated that infernal contraption. As if reading his mind ____ changed the subject. She was good at that. "I've told them I was from a different universe last night. I didn't tell them about anything else. Nothing about me knowing the future or finding the note or anything."

"So they don't know you know anything about their mother?" The lassie shook her head. He was still confused. "Then how did they-"

"Webby." He sighed. That explained everything. That girl knew too much about him and didn't know how to keep a secret. However, Webby couldn't pick him apart like ____ could but she knew every adventure he had ever cared to share. He plopped down in his chair. "Magica?"

He didn't expect _____ to ask about her. He had done his research into her, however. From memory, she liked to attack at the peek of Darkness. From his research, there was a solar eclipse coming up.

"If I know her she will try to attack tomorrow due to the solar eclipse. I've been thinking about my options and I think if I place the dime in The Other Bin it will be safe for a little while longer." ____ tensed. "Don't look so worried, lassie. Not much happens in my own home that I don't know about."

____ didn't look satisfied but sighed and nodded. He hated that she always knew what to say and he didn't. It made her seem wiser than him. The doorbell rang, pulling him from his thoughts.

"Now who in tarnation would that be?" It was entirely too early for him to deal with anyone from the company.

"I have a feeling I know. Lena." He looked at her. He knew that name but could remember where from. ____ rolled her eyes. "Webby's friend."

"Oh. Well, don't worry I'll put the dime in the Other Bin after breakfast. Now go have fun with your friends, Love." He pushed her out the door.

Had he just called her love and she didn't hesitate. Maybe she didn't catch it.