Out for Blood

A one where Louis is centuries old and Harry is annoying

~_~_~

"What the fuck are you doing?"

Louis looked disgusted as the younger boy a few feet ahead of him tried to teeth on a local homeless man. Sure, he knew the kid was new, just not a dipshit.

"...I'm eating." Harry states like it's the most obvious thing in the world, one hand on his cocky little hip as he rolled his eyes.

"This isn't the 16th century, Harold. We feed when the job is already done for us."

Harry sighs loudly and tosses the half-dead man to the side. Louis watches pathetically as the homeless man lands in a mountain of garbage. The agreed not to actively kill people for their blood, they wait until their meal is already dead and then drain them. Harry fucked up twice already in a night. First, trying to kill the man that's already alive. Two, trying to feed from a homeless man. There's no shame in being homeless but in Louis' (let's be honest—rather long) experience, homeless blood tastes like absolute shit.

"No! Don't just throw him away now. You've nearly drained him to death anyway," Louis grumbles. Kids these days.

Harry looks at him in disbelief. "My food literally just touched a pile of rubbish. Do you really expect me to eat this shit?"

Louis slows his step before turning and smirking at Harry.

"At least it's organic."

He could hear the boy audibly scoff before trailing behind him, knowing Louis was his only hope of getting a decent meal in before light hours.

"Are we just... leaving him there," Harry questions. Louis turns around, not quite sure what the younger boy wants anymore.

"Well, if you're not going to drink his blood and I'm, sure as hell, not drinking his blood then yes. We're just going to leave him there. He's high off his ass, so it's not like anyone's going to believe him. You already cost me half the fucking night. Keep up, newbie," Louis scolds. Louis can hear the heavy footsteps of Harry trailing behind him.

"I'm sorry that not all of us can be ancient," Harry pouts. Louis turns on his heels. Harry stops in his tracks, shocked by Louis' sudden change in demeanor. Louis'll admit, he's not the youngest vampire to exist, but he's certainly not the oldest.

Before either of them knew what was happening, Louis was quickly picking up his pace towards harry until he was pressed against an alley wall in front of him, the only noise heard from a distant car and the obnoxious noise of a dying streetlight that was two seconds from blowing a fuse. The warm light comforted Harry despite how intimidated he was, but the way the bulb kept going out left just enough time in between for Louis' cold tone to cut through his internal warmth.

"Listen. I didn't fucking ask to be assigned to you. If it wasn't for me –"

Louis took this moment to come in close, right into the crook of Harry's neck and seethe-

"- you wouldn't be alive right now to run that pathetic little mouth of yours. Maybe, some of us have actual lives to get to and don't let our entire life revolve around some little twink Liam found on the side of the goddamn road, drinking blood from a fucking doe."

Harry rolled his eyes and moved to push past louis for a second before he was roughly being pushed back into a wall and having his hands pinned beside each side of his neck.

"If you could just listen like the bitch you are and show some fucking respect, maybe we can get through the night and I'll take you home. Is that fucking understood?"