Chapter 2

Dusk drew closer and closer as the party arrived. A line spanning from the gates of the castle and across the kingdom is the residents of the land. At the beginning of the line stood neighbouring princes and princesses from lands next door. It just so happened that the very first in the line of royalty was Prince Dallon and his father. Immediately after them stood Sarah and her parents. The party didn't start for another ten minutes, but as they always say, if you're not early, you're late.

The buzzing of the people radiates throughout everyone, except Dallon's father. He was of course not happy to be at his trade rivals party, but though he didn't want to, he had to admit to himself they've done a good job with the party.

Music could be heard throughout the courtyards and different colored lights could be seen strewn throughout the castle windows. Most of the guards stood outside the castle to keep everyone inside safe. Other guards stayed inside to keep the party calm.

~Brendon~

He looked out the window and smiled down at the kingdom of happy people waiting to have a great night. He made his way up the line and saw the variety of royals. He smiled when he finally saw Sarah. His heart beat got faster and his mind raced with thoughts of her being his queen. He knew he wanted her as his queen.

She had it all. The looks, the manners, the personality, a strong sense of will, and again, the looks. He sighed and turned away from the window to look at himself in the mirror. His father picked out the suit. 'This has been in the family for years. Do NOT. I repeat, do NOT ruin this suit Brendon. If this gets ripped or stained, I will be beyond mad.' The conversation popped back up in his head.

"He underestimates me sometimes." Brendon smiled and sighed. He shook off any nerves he had and made his way downstairs to the ball room. His father walked in at the same time and nodded to his son.

"You look good boy. It 'suits' you." His father laughed at his own joke. "But do be careful son. Remember what I said."

"Dad, please have more faith in me. This is a suit we're talking about. If you trust I can handle a kingdom of people, at least trust me with a piece of cloth." Brendon crossed his arms over his chest.

His father opened his mouth to argue, but as soon as he was about to say something, the gate opened, and the line of people had been revealed. At first glance, he wished he never ordered the meeting with the Weekes', but he knew it had to be done sooner or later, and it was already later.

Brendon watched the family walk in, so he rushed to the door to greet them, not knowing this was the family his father always bickered about. "Hello king-"

"Weekes."

"King Weekes. Hello sir, I hope you find yourself to have an amazing night." Brendon smiled and bowed to him, holding his hand out to the rest of the castle. Then he looked up to his son. "Prince Weekes I presume?"

The tall man nodded quietly. "A man of few words. I see." Brendon smiled brightly to the prince. "I hope that comes to change tonight. Be free sir, have fun, have a great night." He bowed to the young man and held his hand out to the rest of the castle as well.

Brendon turned to Princess Sarah and smiled beautifully. She did a lovely curtsey and smiled back just as bright. "Prince."

"Princess." He took her hand a kissed it, grinning up at her and bowing himself. "How do you do?"

"I'm fine good sir, and how might you be?" She smiled and pulled her hand back to her side, a little too quickly, which of course he noticed.

"Ms. Sarah if you don't want me to do that then just tell me." His smile fell only slightly. "But I'm fine, thank you for asking me dear."