Chapter 2

Raven's P.O.V

As I appeared in my room,  I got ready for a shower. My clothes stuck to my skin from sweat and I'm certain that I don't smell very pleasant. I got into the shower after stripping down. I let out a soft sigh as the warm water cascaded down my back, soothing my aching muscles and wetting my hair. After taking a shower , I stepped out of the shower and then wrapped a towel around my naked body.

I set to work drying my shoulder length ,straight, black hair with my hairdryer. As I did that,  I stared into my abnormal amethyst eyes. I had always both despised and loved my looks. I despised them because they are a constant reminder of what I am, a half-demon sorceress. I loved them because it sets me a apart from everybody else.Even if that's in a negative format.

As I finished the task of blow-drying my hair ,I set to the task of looking for something to wear. I settled for  a purple T-shirt and black leggings . I hurriedly put them on and then stepped in front of my full-length mirror.

I looked pretty decent but I decided to compliment the look with a necklace with a small black gem in the center. It was a gift from Jaime when he and BeastBoy went to a mall.

Now since I'm fine with my looks,I created a portal and stepped through. I emerged on a relatively quiet street in front of a small but cozy looking cafe. It was painted dark red and had potted geraniums lined up by the windows and doors.

I stepped through the door and heard the familiar ring of a bell above my head. "I'll be right with you",a female voice chirped from behind a counter a few feet in front of me. I stepped further into the room and sat down on one of the medium sized stools in front of the counter.

"Okay so what will you be havi-Oh hey Rachel! I didn't expect to see you today ",The young woman said to me as she stood up from stooping. "Me neither actually. How have you been, Akeila?"I responded.

Akeila and I met a month ago when I went out on a walk.  I had decided to stop at the closest cafe I spotted and this happened to be it. Akeila had taken my order and after giving it to me, she sat down in a chair next to mine saying she wanted to chat because the day was slow. I had actually enjoyed it and told her that I would be stopping by from time to time. Today was one of those days. "My day has been like every other day :boring, uninterested, and uneventful. "she joked while leaning over the counter ,her blue eyes set on my amethyst ones as she brushed a strand of long, dark brown hair from her face.

"So, you want your usual or something else? "she asks. 

"I've been having the same thing for a month, why would I want something else today?"

"You're cocky you know that?

"Thanks, I try."

Akeila rolled her eyes and threw a crushed piece of paper at me and I slapped it right back as she went to make my tea. I left the stool to go sit by one of the small tables near a window. Due to being an empath, I felt like someone was watching me but shrugged it off as a bad feeling.

I took out my phone to play a game and just as I got it out of my pocket a man sat down in the seat in front of me . I was startled by his sudden appearance,  especially since their were other empty chairs in the small room. I noted that he had black hair and a muscular build. I couldn't see his eyes since they were covered by dark sunglasses. He also wearing a grey T-shirt and jeans.

"Good Day. What is a beautiful girl like yourself doing here at this time of the day?" The strange man said to me in a deep voice .

Trying to not be rude, I replied "Good Day to you also but I do not think my reason for being here is any of your business."He quietly chuckled but I couldn't quite know why.  Luckily, Akeila came to my table with my freshly brewed tea in her hand . She sat it down and I mumbled a thanks to her as I paid for the tea. She then turned to the other occupant of the table and asked what would he like to have.

"I"ll have black coffee with no sugar if you will" he spoke up. Akeila scribbled it down in a small book and then left to go take other orders. As I was about to take a sip of my tea,I heard commotions outside and turned In my seat. There were two teenage boys picking on a another. They were shoving him back and forth between each other like its a game. Luckily for the victim, a burly older man came forward and chastised the two boys.

I turned back around in my seat and picking up my cup, began sipping on the Orange Pekoe tea. I was about halfway through the tea when I decided to check the time on my phone.  I read 12:57.

Holy Azarath! I'm supposed to be back at the tower by one!.
I hurriedly drank the remaining amount of tea and stood up to leave. I threw the cup into a garbage bag by the door. Suddenly, as I arrived outside of the small cafe,  I felt myself becoming drowsy. Black dots danced in my field of vision.  My feet began to feel like led and I could feel myself fighting to stay conscious.

At last I gave up and succumbed to the darkness.....