leather and trenchcoats

I never understood why they kept that dark, old, dingy, cobwebbed corner of the library. I do now. The library is new, all of it, except this corner. I understand now why they left it alone. There's a thing there. No one knows what it is, at least, no one sane or alive knows. Anyone who sees it either goes blind or dies in the process. It's sectioned off, so you have to turn into three different archways to get to it, so the thing is well hidden.

I know it's supernatural. I have been interested in this stuff since I was 14. Well, I kind of had to be. My parents were killed by a demon Azazel, and before I burned in the fire as they did, an angel in a trench coat saved me. Since then, he has been my guardian. Keeping me safe, warded from all non-human beings by tattooing my back. I left school after my parents were killed, and I knew then that I would never have a normal life.

What's weird though, is those men that are here. The tall one, maybe he could be an English lecturer, or a librarian for that matter. I don't get why he is a janitor. The shorter one, the hot one, well... He's something else. He's the PE teacher. I see him walking around the corridors like he owns the damn place.

I'm not a student at this school, just observing. I'm 20, I'm an assistant here and learning about teaching, and I made a vow to be the best goddamn teacher in the universe.

Anyway, the thing. I want to know what it is, but the books I need are all where it "hunts", so, after school is over I go to the city library. As I am walking up to it, I notice this beautiful car. 1967 Chevrolet Impala, easy. I'm a fan of classic cars. I've actually been saving up for this exact Chevy myself. Beautiful.

I run my hand across the top and take in the old leather smell that's seeping out through the windows. I shake my head and walk into the library, still on a mission.

"Hi, I was wondering if you have any books on, um, mythical creatures? Anything ghostly, creatures that seek out to harm humans." I ask the receptionist while tapping my fingers on the light golden brown desk.

"My my, that is a popular choice today. Unfortunately, that man over there has all those books. Maybe you know each other!" I say thanks to the elderly lady and stride over to where the man is sitting. Hold up, that's not any man. That's the guy, the PE teacher guy.

"Hot damn." I whisper. He's really rocking that leather jacket. He turns to look at me, and I raise an eyebrow. He looks me in the eye and says down the phone,

"Alright, let me know if you need more beer. See ya, Sammy." Setting it down beside him, I walk over and sit on the table, leering over him.

"You know, they got that wrong." I say, pointing to a section in the book. He looks up at me with his green eyes, licking his lips. "Knights of hell aren't immortal. They can be killed with the First Blade. But, the blade can only be wielded by whomever bears the Mark of Cain." I give him a sly smile.

"Well damn. There goes my whole belief theory." He says, smiling.

I slide off the table and into the chair beside him.

"What are you doing here?" I move in closer, and whisper, "Mr Smith?"

I pull back and fold my arms, waiting for an answer.

"Well, you came here looking for what I believe to be these books, and you know stuff about demons, so, sweetheart, I could ask you the same question." He says, voice getting lower and slower as he finished.

I chuckle a little, I am about to reply when I feel little breeze next to me, and a deep voice saying,

"Hello De-wait, what?"

I turn to see him.

"Oh shit. What do you want Cas?" Me and the green eyed man say in unison, turning around to shoot a look at eachother.

Before I could say anything, Castiel was pulling me away by my shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing?!" He whispers, his face an inch away from mine.

"I could ask you the same damn thing!" I reply. He rolls his eyes. "Oh my god." I whisper, now with no sound, I mouth, "that's him, isn't it?! Oh my god!"

"Shut up!" He mouths.

And then, we are in a motel room.

"What the hell, Cas?!" I shout, moving to the other side of the room.

"Mona, I do not want you associating with the Winchesters! What happened to your parents, what happened to Sam and Dean's parents, it'll happen to you, too!"

"Cas, you have been raising me since I was a young girl, I know all about hunting, I know about monsters and ghouls and things that go bump in the night," I say, shaking my hands as a gesture. "That thing that killed our parents, it's dead, the Winchesters killed it, I wanna thank them! And also.." I trail off. "Dean's really cute!" I whisper.

"Be that as it may," Cas starts, "you know there is something at the school you are working in, and you were looking for information. Dean took every book that you would need, why else would you have been next to him?!" Cas throws his arms out, raising his voice.

I decide to raise mine too, knowing it would be a bad idea.

"Because.. He. Is. CUTE!" I shout, instantly seeing Cas snap his fingers, and I felt a sharp grip on my ear lobe that wouldn't let go. I fall to the floor, holding my ear and crying out, as Cas walks over to me, grabbing my hair to look up at him.

"Don't you dare, don't you ever, raise your voice at me." He says, letting the grip go, and throwing me onto the floor.

"God, Angels are dicks." I whisper.

"I am a celestial being, I heard that. Also I do not think telling that to my father will help." He says, sitting down onto the bed.

"Ha, ha." I say, pulling myself up, still rubbing my ear.

"I apologise. I got angry. This whole time I had been trying to keep you as far away from those boys as possible and now..." He sighs and looks down, shaking his head. I walk over, and sit down next to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"They're only human. They aren't dangerous. They hunt the dangerous. And either way, I've still got you protecting me, right?" I say, nudging his arm. He scoffs.

"Danger hunts them." That's all he says, before he flys off, leaving my body to fall and faceplant the part of the bed where he sat.

"Castiel.." I start, as a prayer, "you're a dick!" I call out.

"I know." I hear him say in my head.

I laugh, deciding against going back home, I would just sleep in this somewhat questionable motel bed.