morning sunshine

"Mornin' sunshine."
Dean's low voice pulls me out of my slumber. The events of last night come rushing back to me, and I hold my head. It pulsates and I feel very, very sick.
"Whatever." I mumble, and sit up finding myself on my bed, only wearing my t shirt and underwear. Dean is sat next to me, and I see him drop an asprin into a glass of water. He hands it to me and says,
"Drink."
I take the glass off him, and just as I am about to take it off of him, I feel a little better. And then sicker. And sicker.
Uh oh. I think. I clasp my hand over my mouth and widen my eyes. Dean's eyes widen too, and he grabs the bin next to my bed and shoves it in my face.
Awesome.
I just threw up in front of a guy that I have a huge crush on. And whats worse? I look like a crack addict right now, and he looks positivley like an Abercrombie model.
Last night I got word that my grandma had passed, and I took the news pretty badly. I have only been at the bunker for a week, and I drank up all their liquor. Im also pretty sure I trashed the kitchen.
"Sam and Cas have gone out to get some pancakes from the diner." I scrunch my face in disgust at the idea of food. "You know," He continues. "Because you kinda broke the kitchen." He raises an eyebrow and laughs. I look down at my hands, no wait, I think, thats a can of my sick.
I set the bin down on the floor, and chuckle a little.
"Yeah.. Sorry.." I say, sighing after it clicked in my mind that my nana was gone. Dean pulls me into a hug. A tight, meaningful hug.
"You stink." He mumbles into my shoulder where his face is buried.
"I guessed." I say. We laugh, and he releases me.
"I'll go turn on the shower for you." He says, flashing me a pitying smile before leaving. I hear the shower start up, and I drag myself out of bed.
I pick up the glass of water and asprin, hold my nose, and gulp it all down.
"Ah well," I mumble under my breath, "Cas can cure me with his mojo when he gets back."
I waddle through the hall to the bathroom, where Dean is standing with his hand under the running water, testing the tempurature. He sees me, and pulls his hand away, wiping it on the towel.
"All ready for ya." He says, walking towards me. He hugs me again, and this time when he pulls away, kisses me on the forehead. The weight of his lips lingers, and fire flows through my limbs.
"Thank you." I barely choke out.
"Dont mention it." He smiles at me and walks out. My gaze follows him as he does so. He turns around and points a finger at me.
"Im serious. Tell a word of me being all kind to the guys, there'll be trouble. I cant have kindness ruining my reputation." Dean winks at me and walks off.
That's the thing about Dean. He has such a kind soul, and he doesn't know it. He thinks that we think that he is all straight up classic rock, sleeping around, getting drunk, not caring about anything or anyone when really and truly, he is the person that everyone, no matter who they are, needs in their life.
And of course, not to forget Sam. Sam has literally been like the big brother I never had. Hes my shoulder to cry on, I talk to him about things I'm embarrassed to talk to anyone else about. I love him and Dean, I really do.
I just don't understand why Cas tried keeping me away from them for so long.
I ponder on that thought as I shower, trying my best to not think about my nana.
When I step out, the cold air hits me like a ton of bricks. I stand there in my towel shivering as I tie up my wet hair. Still very very cold, I quickly dry off and put my t shirt back on.
I walk into the big main dining room to see Dean holding a fluffy white robe. I go over to him and I slip my arms inside of it. The warmth gets to me right away. I tie it up and turn around, and again, Dean hugs me tight. We do that a lot.
"How is it so warm?" I ask, talking into his chest.
"I left it on the radiatior for a couple minutes." Dean laughs.
"Awesome." I say. We stay there for a while, until we hear Sam and Cas walk in. They are arguing about something.
"Cas, it should just taste like peanuts! It says on the packaging, 99% peanuts. How can you say that it just taste like 'molecules'?!" Sam says, walking in. Cas trails behind, holding and dipping his finger into a pot of peanut butter. He brings his finger to his mouth and eats the peanut butter.
"Because...That is all I taste. Just, molecules." He replies. "Maybe I just do not enjoy this.. Whatever it is." Cas says, continuing to poke at the peanut butter numerous times.
"Alright!" Sam says, running and taking the pot off of Cas.
"Ah, good morning Mona. How are you feeling?" Cas asks, walking down the stairs towards me.
"Meh." I mumble. "Can you do your mojo on me so I feel, you know, human?" I ask. He begins to refuse, so I give him those big pleading eyes I know he can't say no to. He sighs.
"Alright. Sit down." I flash a big smile and say thanks, and sit down as he says. Cas has done this for me a few times, and each time I feel faint for a second and fall over, so to be safe, I'm sitting.
I close my eyes and he puts two fingers on the middle of my forehead. I hear the familiar 'mojo' sound, and warmth comes from the place where his fingers lie and spreads through every part of my body.
As expected, I go light headed but only for a second, and then I feel much better. I smile and say thanks.
"Right, breakfast?" Sam says, holding a bag in the air. We all nod and say yes, and he gives each of us our food. We all sit down on the table, Cas opposite me, Dean next to me, and Sam opposite Dean.
We talk about future cases, what weapons I can use (we ended on agreeing that I can use any weapon because, to quote myself, "I am not a dainty fucking damsel in distress, I can handle a damn gun."), and then just had a huge laugh about something Cas said. He didn't understand why we were laughing, of course.
••••••••••••
9pm. Time for bed, I think. The guys got a call about a case so we are all heading out tomorrow morning, 7am sharp.
We spent the day clearing the kitchen, and only finished an hour ago. Since then, we have been watching a rerun of Game of Thrones. I pull myself off of the couch, and say,
"Right guys, I'm turning in. I'll see you tomorrow." I do a little wave to everyone, and walk to the hallway.
As I walk away, I hear Dean say that he's going to walk me to bed. A second later, he jogs up behind me.
"I said it once, I'll say it again." I begin, still walking to my room with Dean trailing behind. "I'm not a dainty fu-"
"I know, I know! Jeez, you curse more than me." He laughs. I stop and turn to face him. We have got to my bedroom, so I lean against the doorway and look at him.
"What?" I chuckle. Dean's face has got serious.
"Um, just, don't slap me. You've already done that today so-" I laugh at the memory.
"You deserved it." I say, still laughing.
"How? I complimented the way your ass looks in your new jeans!" He says.
"Aw, look at you, being all defensive of yourself." I nudge him on the side of his arm, playfully.
"Shut up. Anyway, don't slap me." He says. And that's all he says.
One hand of his snakes around my waist, and pulls me towards him until there is no space between any of us.
His other hand slowly moves my long hair out of the way, curling it behind my ear, and then cupping my neck to bring my face closer to his.
We kiss, and it's like sparks going off in my chest. I lose my breath, and deepen the kiss.
I can feel him smiling against my mouth, and I laugh a little.
"Don't you dare laugh." Dean mumbles against my lips. He starts to push me back towards my bed, and kicks the door shut behind him.