cherry pie

"Well that was an eventful day." I say, throwing my bag down onto the hallway table.

"Yes. I guess you could say that." Cas says, appearing on the sofa.

"Jeez, Cas. Seriously, can't you just walk?" I slump down next to him.

"Well, yes, but- Oh, that.. was rhetorical." He stops himself. I sit forward and look at him, with my elbows on my knees, and my chin in my hands.

"Cas, what's wrong? You seem.. Out of sorts." I ask. He looks down at his hands and sighs. There it is. He always does that when something is wrong.

"All this time I have spent, trying to keep you away from the Winchesters.. And now you seem happier with them around." He says, staring at the wall.

"So.. You're, jealous?" I question, climbing to the floor and resting my head on his knee, still looking up at him. He looks down at me and smiles.

"I guess you could say that. I know that you are older now, and you don't really need my help any more-" I stop him there.

"Woah, hey? I will always need you. Cas, I have tried to imagine myself without you and I have failed, because I never want to be without you. As cliché as this sounds, you are literally my guardian angel! I will never stop needing you." I say, holding his hand. We sit there for about five minutes like that. He continues to stroke my hand with his thumb and begins to talk.

"But, what happened today? You getting possessed? What if that was permanent? What if that was a demon?" He questions.

"What if, Cas. That's all a what if. What happened today was thrilling. It was adrenaline pumping and I loved it. Simple as." I state.

"So you would like to carry on doing this?" He ask. Now we're getting somewhere.

"Only if you stay by my side." I say, mainly to comfort him, but also to reassure myself. He sighs and I sit back on the sofa. We lay there for a while, and I end up dozing off.

When I wake up, Cas is gone, and in front of me is an outfit of mine on top of a suitcase with a note on top saying,

Get changed. Meet us at the motel at 6pm. Don't be late. - Cas, kiss

I laugh at the last part. Every time he leaves a note or texts me he never adds an 'x' know as, a kiss. I guess he doesn't know that a kiss is an 'x'.

I get changed, and congratulate Castiel on his outfit choice. A black velvet, long sleeve crop top, with high waisted mom jeans and my favorite belt. The shoes.. Not so much. I don't think purple stilettos would work, so, thinking about the possibility of a case, I just wear my black converse.

I grab my purse and stuff it into the top of the suitcase. It seems that Cas has put all of my clothes in there, and makeup. Again, well done.

I lock up my house, and leave.

The motel is across town, but since I still have an hour to meet them, I can walk it. On my way, I messily put up my hair, since the crisp wind was blowing it everywhere.

Thinking that this could possibly be the last time I see my town for a long time, I take in all the sights. They aren't amazing, but it's still home. I run into the school and tell them that I am going away, and I'm not sure when I'll be back. If I'll ever be back, I thought.

The walk was long, and by the time I got to the motel, the familiar Impala was parked in the parking lot, so I head to the door number that Cas had written on the note.

I bring my hand up to knock, but Sam opens the door.

"Okay then." I say. "Heya, Sam." He says hey back, and I walk in, my suitcase following behind.