possession

When I found myself staring into those yellow, evil, snake-like eyes my first instinct was to cry out. But my voice caught and no noise came out. There was a pain in my stomach, and I looked down to see the slit and my intestines and the blood surrounding, making my shirt from yesterday that I fell asleep in stick to my body.

I looked back down to the bloody motel sheets on the bed that lies beneath my place on the ceiling.

I knew my fate, and I accept it.

The heat engulfed my hands and feet first. It tickled at first, and then the burn became too much. I didn't scream though, I barely felt it after two seconds.

The laugh of that disgusting demon filled my ears, and I closed my eyes as things grew dark. I should've listened to you, Castiel.

Castiel.

"CASTIEL!" I scream, as I became aware of my consciousness. He showed up instantly by my side.

"What's wrong?!" He says. I try to catch my breath and calm down before replying.

"I'm fine im.. Im fine. Sorry, Cas." I turn to him. He envelopes me into a hug, shushing me and rocking me. This isn't the first time I have had this nightmare, and this isn't the first time I have reacted this way.

"Was it that dream again?" He asks. I just nod and nuzzle my face into his shoulder. He lets himself fall back and lays next to me on the back, both snuggled and entangled together. I fall asleep almost instantly, and when I wake up again, it is no longer dark, and surprisingly, Cas is still next to me.

"You stayed?" I ask, pulling myself from his grasp and sitting up, rubbing my eyes and pushing hair out of my face.

"Of course, Mona." He says, reaching to the nightstand, and passing my glasses to me. I say thanks, and push them onto my face. When I turn back, he's gone.

"Of course." I sigh. I drag myself out of bed, and take off my clothes as I walk towards the bathroom, scattering my shirt, jeans and socks in a trail behind me. I turn on the shower and step in, trying to wash the nightmare off of me.

I doubt Cas will be there, so I walk out with a towel only around my waist, and one wrapped with my hair.

But I was wrong.

"Jesus, fuck! Cas!" I scream, covering my chest with my arms. He just knots his eyebrows together and tilts his head.

"What?" He says. I just look at him. I sigh and let my arms drop. He's an angel, he doesn't give a shit, neither do I. I look to the Gas 'n' Sip bag.

"Whatcha got there?" I ask, sitting down on a chair.

"Um, your favorite. Coco pops, and soda." He says. I frown.

"We don't have bowls, or spoons, and did you get milk?" I say, laughing.

"Oh, um, hold on." And he disappears.

I grab my shirt, since it's oversized I can get away with wearing it with nothing else. Buttoning it up, I make the bed, and grab my bag before sitting down. I pull out my phone and begin to type the number of the school.

"Hi, it's Mona. I'm not gonna be able to make it in today so-" I was cut off by yelling coming from down the phone. There was a loud, high pitched noise and the phone line cut out.

"What was that?" Cas asks. I jump, dropping my phone and cursing under my breath.

"Something happened at the school. I don't know. Just a noise I hear a lot in the library, and the line cut off." I shrug my shoulders, and we sit opposite eachother on the bed, both crossed legged. He pours my bowl and hands it to me, and I eat.