소개

!!¡¡TRIGGER WARNING¡¡!!
Selfharm, abuse and violence

Rain poured down from the sky as Mingi slowly walked home, preparing for what would happen next.

The front door creaks open as he slowly creeps into the house. Trying his best to get to his room quietly Mingi slips off his shoes and walks cautiously. Slowly he shuts his door and exhales.

Then his door swings open. "Thought you were safe, didn't you?" His mother snap, taking a few steps to get closer to the boy. She tilts his chin up so she can look at the pain in his eyes. Mingi opens his mouth but she snaps it back shut with a slap. A red mark was left stinging.

His mom grabs the collar of Mingi's shirt and makes him stand up. He does and is thrown against the wall. Mingi's back dug into the wall as he slid down. His mom's heel dug into his stomach as he lay on the floor, helpless. She kicks him for what seems like hours before she has to go to work.

"I'm leaving you pathetic waste of air. Don't touch my food." She leaves, knowing very well Mingi hasn't moved since the attack.  She smirks as she closes the front door.

After an hour, Mingi decides he needs to shower. Hot water will help his aching muscles. Mingi turns on the water to where it was just warm, but still not too cold. Lukewarm.

Mingi steps in, the hot water falling on his bruises and cuts. He winced at the pain from blood getting washed off. He watches the water run down his body.

The water feels nice against his tender bruises, but stings against all of the cuts on his arms. After about 15 minutes he turns the water off slowly and grabs his towel.

Mingi dabs the towel against his cuts, then uses a different one to dry off. He looks under the counter a pulls out a small box after getting dressed again. He makes his way to his bed, then sets the box down.

Opening the box, he reveals about 20 small silver blades. A tear rolls onto them as Mingi picks one up. It was rusty and has dried blood on it, so Mingi can't use it. Instead he picks up a clean one. A new one.

Mingi slides the blade against his wrist, flinching at how it stung. He repeats this process about 20 more times before he moves onto his other wrist.

No one knew about this. Mingi was good at hiding. Long pants and jeans in the summer, even when it got hot. Heat didn't effect him. No one asked anyway.

Tears stained his cheeks as he kept dragging the blade across his skin. Thoughts of self hatred filled his mind. 'This is what I deserve, right?' Mingi thinks to himself.

When there's no more room on his forearm Mingi decides to stop for the night. He throws the blade back in with the others, then slides it back under the pipe under the sink.

Mingi throws on a hoodie and slips under his covers. He thinks about everything he deserves and doesn't deserve, but one thought keeps reoccuring. 'I don't deserve to live'

With those words filling his head, Mingi drifts off to sleep, where the thoughts will only get worse.

---next morning---

Mingi awoke to the ringing of his alarm and his mothers footsteps. Quickly he gets out of bed and slides on a pair of black jeans and a new hoodie.

Going unnoticed, Mingi slips out of the house and starts his walk. The air smells like rain, and Mingi wasn't complaining. Soon the smell is replaced by coffee as he walks into a local coffee shop.

It was a quick order, only a latte, so it was ready quickly. In no time Mingi was back on his way.

Mingi's first period is science, so he made his way to the back of the classroom. Everyday Mingi was the first one in class, sometimes earier then the teacher.

Quietly Mingi starts to do homework that he couldn't complete last night. His teacher, Jeongyeon, comes to say hi. Mingi takes one earbud out and bows slightly. Jeongyeon smiles before going to grade papers from last week.

Fifteen minutes later students start filing into the class. Mingi doesn't pay attention until the bell rings. He takes out one earbud to halfway listen. That is until he hear two words.

Partner project