Chapter Twelve

The secretary came back with an ice pack and placed in my hand. She then walked me over to the phone and explained to me how it works. I dialled in my moms number as the phone rung.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Hi mom." I sighed.

"Is something wrong sweetheart, I don't recognize the number." She shrugged.

"I think I might need you to come and pick me up." I sighed.

"Why? What happened?" She asked.

"I passed out and my head really hurts." I sighed.

"You passed out!?" She asked in shock.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"I'll come and get you." She nodded.

I hung up and sat back down with Robyn.

"Is she coming to get you?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Noah I'm so sorry that happened to you." She sighed.

"And again I'm sorry for scaring you." I shrugged.

She smiled at me. My mom quickly walked into the office and tightly hugged me. She knelt down and held my hands looking in my eyes.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

I shook my head. She hugged me again.

"Ok, let's go home." She smiled.

As I came to the door frame I looked back at Robyn who was also getting up.

"Thank you." I smiled before turning around and leaving.

I got in the car with my mom and we drove off. Wow, that was terrible, but spending all of that time with Robyn made me realize how much I really like her. She is incredible.

"So honey, what happened?" She asked.

"I got up to ask the teacher to go for a walk because my head was really hurting. So I was out in the hall and I got a sharp pain in my head, then everything went blurry and I passed out." I explained.

She slightly looked over at me.

"I don't know if I ever told you this, but when I was younger I dealt with severe anxiety. It was so bad I was passing out almost everyday that I came home from school and sometimes even at school. It was a terrible time in my life, it was hard, it really was. I had trouble making friends because they were scared of the things I'd put them through. But after a few years it got better and I'm so happy now." She smiled.

"But it's not that I'm unhappy, just stressed." I sighed.

"Well, if you stress that's just going to make your concussion worse." She shrugged.

"So maybe you should stay home for a few days and take some time to relax." She smiled.

I shrugged.

"I know dad won't like that idea."

"Honey, this concussion is really going to mess up your head if you don't take a break, so don't worry about your dad." She smiled.

I sighed and looked out my window. Watching the trees go by as we drove home. We pulled up to the house. I got out of the car and slowly dragged my feet to the door. I opened the door and walked inside. I plopped down on the couch.

I wanted to cry. I don't know why, the only reason I had to cry was because of Reilly and or me missing school. But I didn't feel like crying over those things, I just wanted to cry.

"I'll be in my office and I'll have the door opened. You can yell if you need anything, ok?" She asked.

"Mhm." I sighed as tears fell from my eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked rushing over to me and sitting next to me on the couch.

"Reilly's going to die." I sighed.

"Noah." She sighed.

She placed her arm over my shoulder and place her hand on the side of my head as she pulled me closer I placed my head on her shoulder.

"She's not going to die, because you being the big brother that you are, is going to protect her." She smiled.

"How can I possibly help her when I can't even help myself. Look at me, I'm weak. I'm not going to be able to stop Jayden from doing what's he's doing. It's so fucking stupid how he's trying to take Reilly's life when he knows it's going to cost him his life." I cried wiping my tears.

"Then I'm not going to let him hurt her." She stated.

"I just can't lose her and this feeling of everything crumbling before my eyes is really destroying my confidence, I really thought I could stop him." I sighed.

"She's going to be ok, I promise." She smiled.

"Do you trust me?" She asked.

I nodded.