Chapter Thirty Six

Today was Friday, on Fridays I had drama class and then a free period before lunch so it was a pretty laid back day. I walked into the auditorium with Robyn and we sat down in the seats as the teacher stood on the stage.

"Our production of Grease is next Friday, so all next week will be the final touch ups, costumes and dress rehearsals, so try your best not to miss too much time." She smiled.

I totally felt like that was targeted at me but I just sat quietly as she continued.

"So if you have your costume today you can wear it, if not be sure to get it over the weekend." She smiled.

I had my costume but I had forgot it at home. We all got on stage and went through the play. The class went by pretty quickly and I soon found myself studying in the cafeteria. Robyn came and sat next to me, this was also her free period.

"I didn't get a chance to ask during class, but how's your head?" She asked.

"My head is bad, but I'm feeling great." I smiled.

"That's good." She smiled in return.

"I'm really looking forward to the prom." I smirked.

"Yeah, me too." She nodded.

I looked down at my books for a second and back up at Robyn as something popped into my head.

"Robyn, I really want to thank you." I smiled.

"For what?" She asked.

"Oh my god, where to start? I guess just for always being there when I need you most. I have been through some pretty messed up shit in the past week and you've been with me through all of it, so thank you." I smiled.

"Your welcome Noah, you've really helped me too. Whether I'm helping you or just falling for you with every word you say, you've helped me to realize that you mean everything to me and now I would be so lost without you." She smiled.

I kissed her cheek and went back to studying. Robyn's phone started ringing. She answered and had a little conversation with whoever was on the other side. I tried my best not to listen in. She hung up and stood up.

"Wanna go to the mall with my friends and I?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, yeah I do." I smirked.

I closed my books, packed them up and met up with Robyn's friends outside. There were only two of them, Maria and Claire, I had drama with them as well. We all walked to Maria's car, got in and drove off. The mall was only about a ten minute drive away and we had over two hours before class started. Maria blasted the music on the radio.

"Is that too loud?" Robyn asked me.

I shook my head.

We drove off and we were soon enough at the mall. We all walked in and I couldn't help but smile. Robyn has some really nice friends. I looked over at Robyn and smiled, she smiled back and gripped my hand.

Maria and Claire rushed into some clothing store and Robyn and I followed. They were looking around at everything, Robyn let go of my hand and began to look around as well. I just kind of followed them around and looked at some random things. Robyn and Claire were trying on some things, I stood outside of the changing rooms with Maria.

"Where have you been all week? Robyn's been worried sick." She shrugged.

"I had to deal with some family stuff." I sighed.

"Funeral family stuff?" She asked.

I nodded.

"I'm sorry." She sighed.

"That's life, takes the greatest people." I shrugged.

"Yeah, Robyn was freaking out about you not showing up, she really thought it was her fault." Maria smiled.

"Yeah, she told me." I nodded.

"She really likes you." She smiled.

"I like her too." I smiled in return.

"You better." She smirked.

Claire popped out of the dressing room striking a dramatic pose as she wore a stripy pantsuit.

"Loving it." Maria smiled.

"Yeah, it's really pretty." I smiled.

"Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting it." She smirked as she made her way back into the room.

Then Robyn popped out wear a knee length, flowy dress.

"Woah." I sighed.

She smiled at me.

"Killing it, oh my god, you are a goddess." Exclaimed Maria.

"Yeah." I nodded.