Chapter Eighteen

"Dude, it started to get out of hand the moment it first happened. You don't know when he'll strike next and you have no idea how bad it'll be this time. You have to stop him now, before it's too late." He explained.

Alex and my sister had a really good connection and they both really liked one another.

"You're right, I'll go over to the police station after school." I nodded.

"And I'll come with you." He sighed.

"Really?" I asked.

"Noah, you need me more than ever." He sighed.

I nodded.

He was right. After lunch I had drama with Robyn. I walked into the auditorium as the teacher stood on the stage with a clipboard while everyone else sat in the crowd.

"So, I have to cast list, everyone come up and give it a look." She smiled.

We all walked up on stage. Robyn walked up to the teacher and smiled so I was assuming she got the part of Sandy. At this point I was praying that I would get the part of Danny. I finally walked up to the teacher. I looked at the clipboard.

"Really!?" I asked the teacher in excitement.

"Congratulations Noah." She smiled.

I had gotten the part of Danny and I was so happy. After everyone had found out their parts we were given the script to read through and highlight our lines. After that we all sat on the stage as we read out our lines. I really enjoyed it. Robyn seemed very happy and I couldn't help but feel happy as well.

The bell rang and I was off to my last class of the day, then I'd be off to the police station. I sat down in science class with Alex.

"Are you getting ready?" He asked.

"I've never reported anyone to the police, I'm kind of scared honestly." I shrugged.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know what the hell to say." I sighed.

"Don't worry about that, as long as you tell them about Jayden." He shrugged.

I nodded in agreement as the teacher stood up in front of the class. I was listening to what he said but not really processing it. I was still thinking. Thinking about what I'd say. Alex was right, I don't need to worry, this is going to help my sister and that's all that matters.

Some time had passed and the bell finally rang. Alex and I quickly rushed out to his car and drove to the police station. We parked and made our way inside. It was not as exciting as I thought it would be. We walked up to the stand and sat down.

"Hello boys, what can I help you with today?" Asked the women on the other side of the counter.

"Um, I'd like to report someone." I sighed.

"Alright, their name?" She asked.

"Jayden Saunders, 16 years old." I sighed.

"Ok, and why are you reporting them?" She asked.

"Um, well, he's trying to sexually assault my 11 year old sister, and he won't leave her alone." I shrugged.

"Ok, thank you." She sighed as she got up with her clipboard and walked away.

I sighed.

That was a lot easier than I expected. We walked out and back into Alex's car.

"Wanna do something?" He asked.

"Like what?" I asked in return.

"I don't know, something fun." He smiled.

"Well-"

"If you were going to say that you're worried about Reilly then she can come too." He smiled.

"Yeah, alright." I smiled.

We drove back to my house and walked inside.

"Hi Noah, Hey Alex." Smiled my mom as she put away the dishes.

"Hi mom." I smiled in return.

"What are you two up to?" She asked walking over to us.

"We were planning on taking Reilly out." I shrugged.

"Aw, that's so sweet. She's up in her room." She smiled.

We both went upstairs and walked into her room where she sat at her table writing.

"Hey Reilly." I smiled.

"Hi." She sighed without looking back at us.

"Wanna go out?" I asked.

She didn't answer.

"Hey Reilly." Sighed Alex.

"Hi Alex." She sighed.

"Do you wanna go out with your brother and I?" He asked.

Her head slightly nodded as she got up.

We all walked out to Alex's car and I even let Reilly ride shotgun. We blasted music with the windows down. Alex and I were jamming out while Reilly just kind of sat there. She was almost lifeless and I was worried for her.