chapter eleven

7: 47 PM, JULY 4TH, 1985

          "Tread lightly, tread lightly." Robin said, in words the Russian would understand. "Who are you?" the man responded.

     "Silver cat... Silver cat." Robin said, moving slowly, trying to calm him from pulling out a gun or his walkie talkie. "I don't understand." He said, slowly moving to grab whatever.

     "China?" She asked, quickly. He almost pulled out the gun and Steve yelled, attacking the Russian. The Russian threw Steve off of him, moving to punch him but Steve back up, dodging the punch. The Russian quickly grabbed him and threw him to the side. Before the Russian could punch Steve, he elbowed him in the gut then grabbing the microphone from the station and hitting him, making the Russian fall and hit his head, then pass out. Steve caught his breath, running his hand through his hair.

      "Dude, you did it! You won a fight!" Dustin yelled, surprised, like everyone else in the room. "Jeez." He breathed out, chuckling softly. Dustin grabbed the Russians id. Y/n and Steve laughed with each other as Robin continued to walk up the stairs, seeing something she wasn't familiar with. She rushed down the stairs.

     "Guys... there is something up there." Robin said, making her way back up the stairs with her friends. "Let's go." Steve said as they went through the doors, looking through the window to the machine ahead of them.

     "Holy shit." Dustin breathed out. Y/n made her way so she could see. Watching as the Russians tried to open the upside-downs gate. She went wide eyes, her breathing got heavy as she grabbed Steve's hand.

    "Steve. I have to get out of here. We need to go home. it's-" Y/n started to panic. "The gate." They cut her off, going back down the stairs. "I don't understand, you have seen this before?" Robin asked the three.

    "Not exactly..." Steve answered. "Then what exactly?" Robin yelled back. "All you need to know is that it's bad." Dustin replied. "It's really bad." Y/n added. "Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad."

     "And you guys know about this how?" Robin asked, as the two boys and the girl stopped. Y/n went ahead, not seeing the Russian that Steve fought a few minutes ago.

     "Um, Steve? Where is the Russian?" Y/n asked, as the alarms started to go off. "Shit." Steve whispered, going to the door, seeing the Russians all look at him and yell, starting to run. "Go, go, go, go!" He yelled, closing the door as they made their way back up the stairs.

     "Shit!" Dustin yelled, as always. Making their way through the door. "Move! Let's move!" Steve yelled as the Russian lab workers turned and looked at the teens.

     "Go! shit!" Steve yelled as they went through the lab workers and down the stairs, getting closer to the gate. They stopped, looking for what to do next as the Russians ran towards them, Dustin repeatedly saying, 'holy shit.'

      "Guards! Let's go!" Steve yelled, making his way down the stairs, pushing workers out of the way and pushing metal barrels at some, as the made their way into another door, pushing it open. Steve slammed the door, Robin and Steve pushing it close. Dustin yelled, making his way to the ladder that led back to the tunnels.

     "Come on!" Dustin yelled at the three. "Go! Just get out of here!" Steve yelled at the two. "Go come on, now!" Dustin yelled back, Y/n started to push him down.

     "No! Just go get some help, okay?" Steve yelled at the younger boy, holding the door closed. He stopped, as you could only see his head. "I will never forget you!" Dustin yelled, still getting pushed.

     "GO!" The two teens yelled at Dustin and Y/n. Dustin went down and Y/n slammed the tunnel door, moving back to Steve and Robin.

     "Y/n! go!" Steve yelled at his girlfriend. "No, move!" She yelled back quickly. "No!" They yelled at her as she pushed them over with her mind. Holding the door with her powers as Russians tried to open the door on the other side of the room, she quickly shut it, holding that door as well.

      She yelled as she increased her power, holding the doors closed as more and more Russians came their way. Y/n didn't know about the door behind her, Russians flooded the door behind her.

      "Y/n!" Steve yelled as Y/n looked at him, getting hit with a dart on her back. She let out a sigh, slowly losing consciousness as she tried to fight it and held the doors, her powers slowly fading as she looked at Steve once more before passing out, seeing all black before hitting the cold flooring.