🖤F I V E🖤

It was when the children arrived that I finally knew the emotion of fear.

Fear is an ugly emotion that loves to take over your entire mind. It rips you apart piece by piece, making you worry about every little thing that goes on in your life. And the appearance of twelve little children running towards me sent that emotion into overdrive.

"You look like you are about to be killed," Levi mentioned, patting my shoulder in a sense of comfort. I almost leaned into his touch, but the fear of children was still washed over me.

"I feel like it. Look at the amount of children!" I exclaimed, keeping my voice down to almost a whisper. He gave a short laugh before walking closer to the mass of children.

"Twelve isn't a lot, Eren," he replied. I started to follow him closer. "And besides, why take the job when you know kids are involved?"

"Because I have to figure things out before it's too late..." I said, eyes cast down so I wouldn't look at Levi. But I did see him give an empathetic look to me and didn't bother questioning me further. We got close to the kids, the other counselors already there and interacting.

"Alright, children meet your counselors. I will show off the counselors and which groups you will be in!" Petra announced, her bright smile on display for the kids.

"First we have Counselors Jean and Marco who have the children Connie Springer, Reiner Braun, and Berthold Hoover. Then we have the counselor ladies Sasha and Annie who are in charge of Isabelle Magnolia, Hange Zoe, Craven T, and Susan Smith. And finally we have Eren and Levi, they will be in charge of Ymir, Historia Reiss, Armin Arlert, and Farlon Church." The children all ushered themselves to their counselors and said children also started conversing. I stared at the children before Levi and I, it was sort of like we just adopted a bunch of children.

Now I wouldn't be opposed to that if Levi were also fathering them.

"Now, we are going to do a fun little get to know me activity. Counselors go first in saying name, age, and a fun fact about them!" Petra said again, looking too giddy for her own good.

"Alright kids, let's start," Levi started as soon as the six of us got a table to our own. We all sat down in a circle esque shape as Levi began. "I'm Levi, 19 years old, and I really like flowers."

"I'm Eren!" I exclaimed, waving to all the children. I may not like kids, but damn do I know how to act. "I'm also 19, and I can fluently speak German!"

I gestured to the kid next to me. She had brown hair tied back in a low ponytail and was holding onto a little blonde girls hand for dear life. She scowled before starting.

"I'm Ymir, 14 years old, and have a black belt in karate." The girl next to her then went, sitting up straight and proper before speaking elegantly.

"I'm Historia, also 14, and am a descendent of the Royal Family in Europe." She proudly spoke, golden hair almost flying as she puffed her chest out to show how proud she is. I smiled at her before turning my attention to the boy across the table.

This young boy also had golden blonde hair, but wasn't as long as Historia's. It was cut into a bowl cut almost. It reminded me of a coconut.

"I-im Armin, 12 y-years old, and really like books," the young boy was very timid but had big ocean blue eyes. Those eyes held an unawoken strength and wisdom. I knew I would like this kid the best.

"I'm Farlan, 14, and am the son of a Rabbi." He spoke cool like, obviously not wanting to show much emotion. The six of us kinda sat there afterwards, really awkwardly due to the lack of conversation. That is until Levi elbowed me really fricken hard.

"You bitch, what do you want?" I asked in a hushed voice, not really wanting to swear in front of a Rabbi's son. Levi raised an eyebrow at my cussing before continuing.

"Do you think that Farlan kid would like, try and bless me or something if he found out I was gay?" He asked, and I had to stiffle a laugh. I shoved his shoulder, making him laugh also.

"Shut up, Levi! He probably wouldn't bless you or whatever, maybe just willfully ignore you. Besides, if he found out both of us were gay he might have to find some new counselors," I said, the both of us bursting out into laughter. It wasn't the funniest thing in the world, but it sure was for two sleep deprived men like us.

All of our children stared at us like we had two heads, but that made us laugh more. The sight of children looking like they could and would just vanish from existence was such a comical look.

I figured, later that night in mine and Levi's shared cabin, that I might just enjoy this camp knowing I had my chances with a gorgeous man like Levi.