🖤S I X🖤

"Since the kids are away, do you wanna sneak off?" I asked, leaning up against my victim. Said victim snorted, looking over at me like I was some lunatic.

"Eren," he sighed out, looking down at me. Currently he was sitting on the table part of the picnic table while I was on the bench. The only way my victim could ever be taller. "We are getting payed to watch them. Besides, no other group is out here. Jean and Marco's group is in the woods or whatever, Sasha and Annie's is making fun decorations for the big bonfire, and we are stuck at a lake. We literally cannot leave."

I thought for a moment. I certainly wouldn't want to lose my pride and dignity to a man shorter than me. But I also didn't want to lose this job. Sucking up my pride, I stood up and faced him. Looking into his eyes there was a certain emotion, something I hadn't seen in anyone in such a long time. It was foreign and I couldn't place a finger on it.

"Well then we might as well join them," I said, sighing and acting upset. Truth be told I really just wanted to spend time with Levi.

"Yeah, I guess. No point in staying dry in our swim trunks," he made his point, standing up from his seat and immediately stripping his shirt off. I don't think anyone would imagine Levi to be so masculine underneath his clothing, but he was. Just the thought of what it would be like to hold him, muscles against my semi-muscular chest and enjoying one another's presence. And then-

No, Eren. Stop fantasizing over some guy you have just crossed the threshold of friendship. Sighing from my lovely thoughts, I also stripped my shirt as soon as Levi was looking at me. And I swear if I didn't see the same lust look in his eyes as my thoughts were I was going to die. Just throw me in the ocean without a person in sight and let the hungry sharks eat me alive.

"Levi! Eren! Join us!" Historia called out from the lake after seeing the both of us shirtless. Shrugging, I walked before Levi "accidentally" bumping into his shoulder. That skin contact felt like everything I ever needed and more.

After I had gracefully pushed Levi into the lake (with him grabbing my own ankles and pulling me in) the children started splashing around and having fun.

"Uhm, Eren?" I turned to see Armin, big blue eyes shining brightly.

"Yeah?"

"What is this?" He lifted his hands from the water and pulled up a fish. It was tiny, about one inch in size. I knew exactly what it was.

"Hmm, that is a Danio Kyathit. It was originally found in the 1950's by an Indian aquarist. Not much is known about it, other than the fact it is found in southern...India. It usually occurs in small sluggish and dense vegetated streams and pools. It's often traded under an older and more scientific name known as Chela. The fact that such a fish is here is incredible. But the thing is, they usually live with other Danio Kyathit, meaning this tiny fish shouldn't even be in this huge lake. Just put it back, Armin, I'm sure some kids from previous years accidentally let it loose or something." I said, unsure of how it could have gotten here.

Saying goodbye, Armin let it go and watched it swim closer to the shore. What an odd find.

"How do you know so much?" Ymir asked in the snarkiest tone a 14 year old could give.

"Something happened to me as a child, and it made me strive to be as smart as possible. I got a full ride scholarship into Dundee University over in Scotland, so I know a lot about a lot of things. In particular, I know a lot about criminology and solving mysteries. So ask me anything, I might know it," I said, smiling at Ymir. She snarled, looking at me in disbelief.

"Alright, how do you get away with the perfect murder?" Farlan asked, swimming over to our group. I realized he was lazily hanging on a pool floaty, but didn't want to ask how he got it.

"Well...the perfect murder isn't possible. Nothing can be 100% perfect, no matter what it is. But, what one might call a perfect murder would go like this;

"Let's say you want to kill a middle aged man, he's having problems with his wife and has been cheating on her frequently. She knows but can't do anything out of fear. They sleep in separate rooms, the man in the master bedroom when the wife sleeps with her child. Another good thing to consider would be if the man drinks a lot. Meaning he would easily come back late at night, also meaning someone from the bar might help him inside. So, the person helping the man brings him inside the house at around 3 a.m, nothing all too suspicious there. The wife and child are asleep, the door is locked. The helper brings the man into the master bedroom and knocks him unconscious. Here is where things get complicated.

"Taking the now unconscious man, you set him on the bed. You get a chair, rope, and some gloves. You must be meticulous and extremely cautious. Putting the gloves on, go to a computer and type up a really simple suicide note. Something along the lines of "I'm sorry for cheating, I've always loved you Carla, tell our son I love him" sincerely Grish- I mean just an end note...now you don't print it out, just keep it up and open. Now you make your way back to the bedroom, setting the chair up against a wardrobe or tall shelf. It is important there is something to place the body up high on, so that way they hang. The man will always have an alarm on for 6 a.m every morning, that will wake the bastard up. Tie the rope around his neck and attach it to a fan or something. With everything set up, you leave."

The children stared at me with wide eyes, engrossed in the story of killing a life (no matter how morbid that is).

"Now don't go do that, kids!" Levi exclaimed, a little timid and scared for the prospect of myself being to blame for a murder. They all nodded, looking a little scared for their life. Maybe I was the one they were afraid of, but the children did ask me.

The rest of the day went by fairly quickly. Our group dried up around 5 and made out way over to the main hall. Levi and I stayed in the back, watching over the small group of kids.

"Eren...who was it that you mentioned in your 'perfect murder story'?" Levi asked. I knew this would be coming, if only I hadn't opened my stupid mouth.

"Carla is my mother. Grisha is my father. They divorced a year after a terrifying accident and it left me scarred. He did cheat on my mother, and definitely drank excessively, and also threatened to kill me if Mom left him. But she got a good lawyer and divorced the bastard," I solemnly said, not looking away from the gravel path.

"If you need to talk, Eren, we literally live together now, just saying," Levi mentioned before grabbing hold of my hand. He squeezed it as a reassurance before letting go (although him stepping closer didn't go unnoticed by me).

And even though Levi and I have known one another for all of 3 days, I can definitely say becoming more than friends wouldn't be opposing. In fact, I would definitely like it if something did happen.

We do have 4 weeks together, after all.