Chapter Twenty Three

A/N: Rosalind's outfit throughout the chapter is one the left and the costume on the right is what she wears to the frat party.

The Five

Stefan and Rosalind are examining the hunter's mark on a wooden stake

Stefan and Rosalind are examining the hunter's mark on a wooden stake. Damon enters the room with some boxes on his shoulder.

"So what is all this?"

"Some personal items that I snaked from the vampire hunter's RV. May he rest in peace. I'm searching for a supernatural handbook."

"And you know for a fact that he was supernatural?"

"Definitely wasn't natural. The guy magically appeared just as someone blows up the entire Founders Council. He's covered in a tattoo that only Jeremy Gilbert - of all people in the world - seems to be able to see. Klaus mentioned something about him being one of The Five. Then he kamikazes himself with explosives. Sound natural to you?"

"What's The Five?"

"That's what I'm hoping is in the first chapter of the handbook." His phone rings and he picks it up. It's Sheriff Forbes. "Liz Forbes, my favorite sheriff." He looks worried. "What? That's...concerning. Keep me posted." He hangs up.

"What? You're not gonna tell me?"

"Can't tell you. Private. We're in a fight."

"You can tell me, we're not in a fight."

"You're in a fight. I'm not in a fight, I'm over it, I've been over it."

"Not still mad at me about Elena?"

"You let her feed on you. I'm always gonna be mad at you but we're not in a fight."

"Very well, then. They didn't find any remains at the explosion site."

"So Connor's still out there."

"Apparently so."

"I'm gonna need you guys to get on this today. I have to take Elena to college."

Stefan and Damon Look surprised.

"I'm sorry, you have to do what, exactly?" Stefan questioned.

"I'm teaching her how to feed. She needs to learn snatch, eat, erase now more than ever."

•••

Outside the college, Rosalind, Elena, and Bonnie pull up to the front of the school and get out of Rosalind's car.

Elena looks at Bonnie "are you sure that you're okay with this?"

"If I could spell you out of wanting blood, I would, but I can't, so better you learn this now than at freshmen orientation."

"Something tells me that college isn't in my future anymore."

"Oh, stop with the pity party. If I can go to college, you can go to college."