Part #10. New Friend

(Kyu: Hello everyone! Sorry we haven't been posting as often, but anyway, lets continue onto the story of the ninjas and the knives and the dinosaurs... I'm tired...)

-=-Kasai POV-=-

I couldn't believe what I just read... There was another Gamer.

I guess multiple people could be Gamers, I'll need to remember that for the future.

Anyway I knew that I would have to speak to Menma Namikaze soon, maybe sooner might me better. So I decided that I would talk to him after school.
I stopped ignoring the teacher now that my depression had been replaced by shock, and to my surprise I realized that I had zoned out for around half an hour...

I didn't miss much though, they were still going on about the Shinobi Rules, I decided that I would either find a book on these rules or just not pay attention to them... Most of them I probably wouldn't follow anyway.

Kochi: "Okay class, that should do it for now. So, before you all go home, everyone will be shown the courtyard where we'll be learning at tomorrow. So if you would follow me please." The teacher then proceeded to walk out of the class, everyone stood up and walked after the teacher.

We walked through a different door which led to a small enclosure closed off by a green metal fence, behind that fence was more of the Leaf Village, and part of a forest. There was a large square marked in the ground with a line separating it into two halves, it seemed to be for sparring.

From this area I saw that at the main entrance was a tree, I recognized it as where one of the main characters of Naruto would be... Naruto's Swing of Depression, all praise it.

Anyway, after getting distracted by the tree I saw that there was a tree inside the compound, there was a small wooden chest sitting behind the tree. I walked over and opened it and saw that there were wooden kunai and shuriken, I think I should probably try to make these.

I grabbed a kunai and suddenly a holographic screen popped into existence in front of my face.

"You have unlocked Blueprints for: 'Wooden Kunai'"

"Blueprints: Blueprints are a way of unlocking new weapons to craft, if you have a high enough crafting level you could create legendary weapons and equipment."

Hmmm... After unlocking this new crafting function by touching a wooden kunai, I decided to grab a wooden shuriken, and I got the results I expected.

"You have unlocked Blueprints for: 'Wooden Shuriken'"

Nice! I should be able to increase my Crafting level quite a bit if I make a bunch of shuriken, but since I don't have enough materials yet I'll just hoard... I mean borrow, these shuriken, yeah... Borrow...

I put the wooden weapons back in the chest and turned around to see that everyone was leaving, so I walked back inside and started to head towards the exit, I soon walked out of the Academy grounds.

I saw Menma walking along the street, I ran after to him and tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around and spoke.

Menma: "Hm? Yeah?" he asked with confusion in his voice.

I thought for a moment, I hadn't really planned what I should say once I confronted him... But luckily I thought of the most foolproof plan ever, and it would work 100% and no one would deny that.

"So... Taxes huh?" I asked him.

...

.....

Menma: "...What?" He said, obviously dumbfounded from my FOOLPROOF PLAN.

Menma: "How may I help you?" He asked, still obviously bamboozled by how great my plan worked.

"Oh uhhh... I just w-wanted to ummmm..." I stuttered... DAMN MY SOCIAL AWKWARDNESS.

Menma: "My name is Menma by the way." He stated.

"H-hello Menma! My name is Kasai, Nice to meet you."

Menma: "Sup Kasai, why did you come up to me again?" He asked.

"Oh... Uh... I forgot. Anyway, nice weather we're having huh?" I asked him, and you would think I was lying, but I actually did forget my objective for like five minutes.

Menma: "Sure? Anyways, what did you think about the lesson today?" He asked me, I thought about it for a moment and answered honestly.

"It was... Kinda depressing, all the rules that Shinobi have to follow must frustrate them... But seeing where we'll be training for the next few years was interesting." I told him.

Menma: "It was interesting, but for the most part if we didn't have rules, society would be in chaos, wouldn't it?" He stated, or asked, I honestly couldn't really tell.

"Hm, I guess you're right but don't you think some of the rules were absurd?" I asked him.

Menma: "True, and that is why I shall follow my own rules." He stated proudly. I stared at him for like five seconds without saying anything, I then replied.

"...Okay then"

Menma: "Anyways, I gotta head home, I'll see ya later?" He asked me.

"Yeah sure, see ya later." I told him, he soon left and I realized something...

"I FORGOT TO ASK HIM ABOUT THE GAMER STUFF!" I yelled at myself, and then I facepalmed so hard that I actually fell onto my back.

"I deserve that." I told myself. I mean, how could I just forget asking him something that important?! I sighed and got up, it was time I should head back home to the orphanage, resume my training.

I started walking to the orphanage, after about ten minutes of walking I had reached the orphanage, I walked over to the tree with several dents in it from my Power Strikes and I got into a basic sparring stance.

I launched myself towards the tree while charging up a Power Strike, I threw my full weight into the punch and caused a dent in the tree, I looked at my hand and saw the skin on the knuckles tearing again, I kicked the tree before throwing a left hook at it, nothing happened to the tree, but I backed up a bit and ran at the tree before jumping, I kicked the tree but unfortunately, nothing happened and I fell on my butt. I got back up and went back into my stance, I opened my inventory and pulled out my wooden spear, I activated Power Strike once more and swung the spear at the tree, it broke instantly upon contact. I didn't hesitate to charge up my next attack though. I punched the tree and grabbed a stick on the ground, it was quite a bit shorter than my spear so I used it like a sword, I slashed at the tree and stepped back, I widened my stance slightly and held my makeshift sword with two hands, I stepped towards the tree and used Power Strike to amplify my attack, I swung the stick at the tree and it caused a large circular dent in the side of the tree, luckily the stick didn't break, it appeared to be thicker than my wooden spear so I thought I would make a sword out of this when I threw it in my Inventory.

I grabbed a few stray sticks on the ground and also threw them into my Inventory. I walked inside and over to my room, once I opened the door and entered, closing the door behind me, I got to work on making some new weapons.

(Kyu: Hey Everyone! My boi Slash decided to still help me with his character! So we back in mostly full operation! As usual I hope you guys are having a great day!)