[1] - Bikes and Bad Boys

1 - Bikes and Bad Boys

"Riley, get your ass out of bed!" I groaned when I heard my mother's voice call up the stairs.

"Why? Can't I stay at home?" I wined as I grabbed a towel and walked into my bathroom. I heard my mother laugh.

After I took a half an hour shower I walked back into my room and over to my cupboard. I hadn't had much time yesterday to unpack my room so most of my stuff was still in boxes. I huffed as I dug through a box to find my underwear.

I put on a pair of black panties and a black bandeau and stood in front of my cupboard, deciding what to wear. I didn't really have much of a selection. After about ten minutes of contemplation, I put on a pair of frayed acid washed jean shorts. Over the bandeau I wore a white crop top with a picture of Stitch on it. I quickly slipped into my favourite pair of combat boots. I walked over to my dresser and curled the ends of my brown hair. Well, it wasn't exactly brown, you see, I have dark brown hair, but after the accident I decided to dye the ends blue, green, pink and purple. After I was done I grabbed my back pack and ran downstairs. I didn't do makeup, so getting ready in the mornings was easy.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning mom." I smiled and grabbed an apple as I sat at the table.

"Morning sweetie. How did you sleep?" I shrugged.

"Not too badly." My mom gave me a sad smile.

"No nightmares?" I hesitated, should I tell her that they are back? I decided not to. These past few months have been hard enough on her, with the loss of my father and all. I shook my head.

"No." She seemed relieved. I bit my lip, I hated lying to her. It was hard enough not telling her I fought. I didn't want her to worry about me any more than she should. She looked at the clock and gasped.

"Riley! You're going to be late for your first day of school! Go!" I laughed as I grabbed my keys and headed outside. The only thing I've ever spent money on was my bike. It was my pride and joy. A Yamaha YZF R1. I bought it with the prize money I received the last time I fought. Usually I put the money away for my mom. So on day she could have a nice retirement fund. But just hat once I decided to spoil myself.

I got on and drove to school. I parked my bike and headed up to the school office. Once I was inside I was greeted by an elderly woman. She was busy typing but when she noticed me she smiled broadly.

"Hello, dear, you must be Riley Morrison?" I nodded. "Welcome to Jackson High." She handed me an envelope.

"That has your schedule, locker number and combination in. There is also a map of the school. I hope you have a wonderful time here at Jackson." She smiled and went back to work.

"Thank you." I said politely and walked out the office. On my way out I bumped into a petite red head. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I said as I grabbed her forearm to keep her from toppling over. When she was securely back on her feet she started laughing.

"Don't stress, I'm fine." I was a bit taken back by her heavy Texan accent. "The name's Jamie." She smiled and extended her hand. I smiled and shook it.

"Riley." Her face lit up.

"You're the transfer from Miami?" She asked excitedly. I nodded. How did she know where I came from? She laughed at my semi-creeped out expression.

"I help out in the office sometimes, so I saw your transfer forms."

Oh.

"Cool?" It sounded more like a question. She shook her head and chuckled. She extended her hand and took the envelope from me. She took out a piece of paper and smiled broadly.