[5] - Brothers and Bargains

5 - Brothers and Bargains

Unedited...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I grunted as I threw another punch at the punching bag. This is not happening. He isn't back. No, no, NO! I threw one more hard punch and screamed in frustration.

"Geez, what did that poor punching bag do to you?" A deep voice said behind me. My eyes widened before I spun around.

"Danny?" I squealed and ran into his open arms. He chuckled and kissed the top of my head. "I missed you." I mumbled into his chest. I felt him nod above me.

"I missed you too kiddo." He pulled back and smiled his million dollar smile at me. "What have you been up to, sis?" I looked down and sighed.

"Long story. You've been gone for two years." I said in barely a whisper. He sighed and nodded.

"I'm sorry, I had to get away from everyone. I needed time." My eyes narrowed and gave him a blank look.

"Yeah, well, I also needed time, it wasn't just you. But you decided to run and leave me and mom with all the shit." I spat at him and I could see the guilt in his - our eyes. Everyone always said our family was lucky when it came to looks. We both had nice tanned skin and dark hair with our deep turquoise eyes.

"I'm sorry, kiddo." He ran a hand through his hair, a nervous habit he had. "I-I heard what happened with Kevin." I flinched at the mention of his name.

"Yeah," I shrugged. "It happened a long time ago.

"At least he's gone. Last time I heard, he's in prison for extortion." I closed my eyes and shook my head.

"He's escaped." I spun around and hit the bag one more time.

"WHAT!" Danny's shocked expression was almost comical.

"Yeah, and he's hired Frank and Tom to find me." His eyes widened.

"Did they?" I gave him a WTF look and his cheeks tinged red a bit.

"Of course they did. Would I know this information if they didn't." I thought back of that day two weeks ago.

FLASHBACK

"So, do you think you're more aquatinted with the town?" Nathan smiled innocently at me as we walked down the road. The sun was setting and the sky was a deep orange. It was beautiful. I gave him a sideways look.

"'Aquatinted with the town'? Really?" He shrugged and I laughed, bumping shoulders with him. "Yes, I am. Thank you, I had a lot of fun." We carried on walking but stopped when we heard a clattering sound coming from an ally up ahead. I put my arm in front of Nathan, showing him to stop.

He opened his mouth but I clamped his mouth shut with my hand. I looked back to the ally and saw two big figures walk out. They stepped into the light of a street lamp and I saw they were covered in tattoos.

Damn, this can't be good. I pushed Nathan behind me as they advanced towards us. When they came further into the light I breathed out a sigh of relief. Tom and Frank.

"What the hell guys! You two scared the living daylight out of me!" I turned and looked at Nathan. "Would you mind going to wait at my bike?" He glared at the two goons in front of me but nodded anyway.

"Yeah, run along little boy." Frank's taunted. I glared at him.

"Shut up you idiot!" I hissed and Tom burst out laughing. "Nathan, please." He glared at them one more time and stalked off. When he was a safe distance away I turned to the two men in front of me.