Who is that? [1]

We had only been at the hotel for a couple days and although the mood in the camp was particularly good, things between me and Keira seemed strained and I couldn't really understand why. I tried to push those thoughts to the back of my mind as we waited for the rest of the team in the lobby, getting ready to head down to the beach.

It was our day off today before our game against the USA and it seemed as though they were staying at the same hotel as us and I had only realised this when Ashlyn Harris screamed at me half way through breakfast yesterday morning. It wasn't particularly common for two national teams to stay in the same hotel although it wasn't completely unusual, and for the most part we all got along pretty well.

Eventually everyone was ready and waiting in the hallway and the girls who cared about what their hair looked like always were late which didn't really surprise me. I sighed a little as we made our way down the steps and into the foyer next to the pool and I sat down on one of the sun loungers, putting on my sunglasses and taking out my phone to scroll through Instagram.

Time seemed to stand still from that moment on and it seemed to be ages before Steph came and rudely awoke me from my sleep.

"Hey Bronzey, we're going out to the beach. You down?" She said, her arms folded as she looked down at me.

I shook my head.

"I think I'll stay here for a bit." She nodded before leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I jumped up again when I heard Ashlyn's dulcet tones. She definitely hasn't quieted down much since college, if anything she's probably gotten louder.

I groaned, rubbing my face as Ashlyn and Ali walked up to me and sat down, Ash chucking a bottle of water in my direction and with quick reflexes I managed to catch it before it burst open and soaked all three of us.

"Hey, Ash who is that?" I asked, motioning my head towards the girl who was standing up at the restaurant with a girl who I recognised to be Lindsey Horan.
She had blonde hair and light brown eyes that you couldn't help but stare into.

"Ah," Ashlyn chuckled as she watched my eyes scan the girl sitting in front of us, "that's Abby Dahlkemper, she's very sweet." Ali nodded in agreement, and Ashlyn added, "Come on, we'll introduce you." Ash grinned and grabbed my hand, pulling me up from the seat.